Utah Mini

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by HattedToast, Jan 20, 2020.

1. HattedToast

HattedToast Member

Truck:
    1980 SR5
    I’m definitely going to be painting it blue again, and it will be a VERY similar color to the one on there now (freshened up of course) but the blue on these trucks really does look sharp when it’s clean and glossy. As for the stripes, I’m really debating on them again at some point down the road.

_Quickfox likes this.
  2. HattedToast

HattedToast Member

Truck:
    1980 SR5

I’ve got a about 4 total holes in the door jambs, 4 on the roof from the rain gutter losing it’s seam sealer over time and a few in various parts of the bed. I’ll attach a couple pictures.

Attached Files:

3. HattedToast

HattedToast Member

Truck:
    1980 SR5
    Agreed. The 84-88 are alright in long bed config, but look slightly out of proportion.

Was this the stout you’re talking about?

*EDIT* This isn’t a stout, but a very literal widebody Pickup.

Attached Files:

4. _Quickfox

_Quickfox Enthusiast

No; I have seen that pickup, but no. That is a Hilux not a Stout...crazy looking and actually widened, not a Stout (not that loo0w either)!

Very well; I see your edit. I wonder how wide that thing really is..it's nuts!! I'll post about that Stout here, it got a feature somewhere years ago.

It's like some years they opted for proportions that suit long OR short bed never both.

I wanna see an xtra-cab..with a bobbed bed. 2wd loowed. OR an XTRA-CAB on a shortbed frame with a bobbed bed. (Btw no idea what I'm talking about)

Whoa, I'll just leave these here.. Screenshot_20200127-113715~2.png Screenshot_20200127-113656~2.png
    Hmm, maybe u culd buy a Xtra in a short bed configuration. This one was being sold as XC DLX SB. nifty. Come to think of it..okay I have to stop myself, I could go on on, about cool pictures of trucks.

Looks like considerable rust! Holé cow..blu is so sharp on your bodystyle, as is tan. Take some archive photos for us of ur Stipe, pls :) !!!

-Aaron

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
    HattedToast likes this.
  5. _Quickfox

_Quickfox Enthusiast

I allow myself to call it a Hilux in America, in between Stout and Tacoma.."let's just call it P/U or RN whatever" idk

HattedToast likes this.
  6. MrDinkleman

MrDinkleman Addict

Truck:
    1988 standard cab, long bed
    Actually, the 84-88 XC with, what I call, a "stub" bed (long, short, stub) WAS available.. ... but in markets OUTSIDE of the USA. In fact, I believe the 79-83 was also available as a stub bed, again, outside of the US.

We (USA) never get the really cool stuff, whether from Japan or Europe... :(

HattedToast likes this.
  7. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    Aah now I see the rot you’re talking about, bummer. If you’re unsure about the stripes after painting, maybe look into a vinyl decal or plastidip, since they’re not permanent.
    I’m likely going to do a rattle can satin white paint job on my truck this summer and been thinking of adding in some yellow/orange/red Ironman Stewart Toyota stripes with plastidip instead of paint

HattedToast and _Quickfox like this.
  8. HattedToast

HattedToast Member

Truck:
    1980 SR5
    I saw some decal shop about a year ago that had the replica SR5 stripes for whatever year your truck is, but they were like $350 for a full set if I remember right. I'm sure you can paint them on for a good price and get good results.

_Quickfox likes this.
  9. stroker394

stroker394 Newbie

Truck:
    1994 Toyota 4x4
    Nice stance on that truck.

HattedToast likes this.