Tail lights not working when head lights on

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by nottoshabi, Apr 1, 2017.

1. nottoshabi

nottoshabi Enthusiast

The break lights and signal do not work when the head lights are on. This is a new issues that came up this week. If I just turn on the lights the driver side tail light is very dim. When i turn on the turn signal or press the break the driver side does not work at all. If I turn off the head lights then they works. Also if I sit at a long light the on board CRG light starts to come on and off when the head lights are on. When the truck is moving the CRG light does not go on.

Any idea what is going on here? I just check all the wiring and it all looks good. Is there some sort of a switch/solenoid that is going bad?

2. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Alt aint charging, thats why the CRG light is on. And check your grounds(all light mounting points)

3. nottoshabi

nottoshabi Enthusiast

Thanks for the fast reply Jetas. I will take the alternator to pep boys and have them test it out. Are there any other ground points I need to know about besides the ones in the light hosing? Those are connected by butt connector clamps. Are there any under the cab or bed connected to the frame?

4. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    The lights ground thru the housings, no ground wires there. Theres a ground wire from the frame to bed on the passenger side iirc, and then battery to frame, frame to engine block, block to firewall. You can always add your own in