Suggestions for Improving the Site

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions' started by Jeff, Oct 11, 2010.

1. project_DragTruck_v2.0

project_DragTruck_v2.0 Veteran

truth. "other than stock carb" section would actually be better than "weber specific". I forget about some people running mikuni's, or even holley's, or even some weird stock carb of something else. ( not that the last one has been done..but I'm sure SOMEBODY is /was gonna try it)

Works for me!

2. KYNgsx

KYNgsx Enthusiast

Truck:
    89 2wd
    Yeah, I think a general "aftermarket carb" section would be good rather than just a "Weber" section. I know there's a couple other guys besides me with Mikunis, Holleys, or other carbs.

3. ShoNuff

ShoNuff Toyotaholic

Truck:
    75 hilux, 80 4x4
    attached is a quickie photoshop of what id like to see on the main forum tree. prolly the worst chop ive done in years, but it gets the point across.

if i had my druthers, id also change the order on the bottom for relevance. instead of:

general discussion
    The Marketplace
    Tech Knowledgebase
    Tacoma discussion

id re-arrange it like so

Tech knowledgebase
    The marketplace
    General discussion
    Tacoma discussion

this would move the more usefull threads up, and make people scroll through them (as a reminder that they are there) to get to the selling stuff.

otherwise dont F with it. sure having a weber, stock carb, stock tires, stock motor, modded tires, modded motor, other carbs, EFI, RWD, 4WD, bags, juice, ect ect. sounds cool in theroy, but the more different catagorys there are the worse it will get. we dont need new places for this info, that is what sticky's are for.

what works best across the net (go visit pirate4x4 and see how many different catagorys there are for yota 4x4's) is simple. simple to find what your after, post where you want to (and should) and promotes more people looking at all threads, which leads them to learn stuff so the whole community improves.

as far as engines goes...

my .02

there are only 3 main motors on this site. 3vz, 2Xr, and pre-2Xr(18r and older). i bet 90% of the users on this site have a 2xr, and yes despite what that lil sticker says, there is hardly any difference between a 1975 20r and a 1995 22r, or RE. its the same inside, ya EFI is built a lil different, but essentially its the same crap. any differences could be covered by a sticky if needed.

Attached Files:

4. B.Y.E.

B.Y.E. Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1982 2wd Hilux
    "If you build it, they will come" :lol:

*The only complaint I have is newbies posting the same f****ing question in different catagories... :shrug: < Sorry, that just erks me when people post questions of the same thing in different sections... :looney: No patience.... :verdict_in:

5. IronNam

IronNam Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 XCab
    R series talk
    VZ series talk
    Other engines

good?

6. KYNgsx

KYNgsx Enthusiast

Truck:
    89 2wd
    That layout by ShoNuff is pretty good; nice and simple.

7. project_DragTruck_v2.0

simple is good. I agree, let's take a nod from the trucks we love so much, and keep it simple.

8. Dgerfan55

Dgerfan55 Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 pickup
    ShowNuff is right about this.... (another thing to change would be the settings for the "recent threads" window on the home page. is it possible to set it so its "today's post's" instead of "new post's" ?

for some reason with both firefox and IE the session will reset after a few threads read, and all post's will be marked read. the only sure fire way i've found to stay on top is clicking the today's post's link, which if you dont know is hiding in the quick links drop down, it doesnt exsist. and tons of threads get buried quick here.)

I would have to agree with that^^^

9. project_DragTruck_v2.0

"new posts" has always worked fine for me. I never pay attention to weather or not it's marked as "read", the list stays the same....doesn't it? Damnit now I'm paranoid, I'mma have to try it.....

10. ShoNuff

ShoNuff Toyotaholic

Truck:
    75 hilux, 80 4x4

why?

why give 2 groups of maybe 2% of the users there own category, that the rest of the group wont visit?

if there ends up really being enough info on the other motors,a sticky would be able to cover it for now. if the sticky blows up, then give it, its own forum per user demand.

i think you missed the point.

your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to make the forums more user friendly and promote more users reading more content.

ps: thx for the love:waytogo:

11. gilpet79

gilpet79 Enthusiast

Truck:
    94 2wd
    i would like to see a section dedicated to different areas of the country that our users are in to help put together meets and cruises, it would help us get involved with eachother and help build up our community

12. Jeff

Jeff Administrator Staff Member

Well, that's why we have the new events section. What vie done int he past is to create an events section and, if it takes off, then divide it up into regional areas. Is that what you had in mind?

13. Jeff

Jeff Administrator Staff Member

You know, reading all of these suggestions about how the site should be organized has led me to one conclusion: However we end up re-organizing the site's topic areas, we're surely not going to make everyone happy. I do appreciate everyone's input and I'll be taking it all into consideration as I plan to make things more organized. I most definitely agree that the simpler we can make the site, the better.

14. 22R_All_Motor!

22R_All_Motor! Addict

Truck:
    84 pickup
    uhhhhh, the chat still doesn't work bud...

15. V8_TITAN

V8_TITAN Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 std cab
    good idea but we dont have enough people close enough to do this, at least so I think... Ive only met 2 members on the forum 1 from a nother state and the other no longer visits the site... I only know of a few members in florida period, florida is big and I dont think we could manage a meet with so few members.

16. V8_TITAN

V8_TITAN Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 std cab
    hey Jeff, can we all pm you what we think should be stickied ? or make a thread with links of things to be stickied ??? OH OH AND give us the power to delete our own threads ! so we can get rid of things we messed up, delete f/s and wanted threads when were done with them to keep it less cluttered ! :)

17. ShoNuff

ShoNuff Toyotaholic

Truck:
    75 hilux, 80 4x4
    wait.

thats what the mods are for;)

lets let the man behind the curtain decide how he wants to change OZ. then we'll pester the lil guy at the gate.

18. project_DragTruck_v2.0

Artist's representation of Jeff, telling us what's up....

[​IMG]

Artist's rendering of Moderator-

[​IMG]

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

19. ShoNuff

ShoNuff Toyotaholic

Truck:
    75 hilux, 80 4x4
  20. Dgerfan55

Dgerfan55 Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 pickup
    Hey Jeff what is up with those lanyards you have for sale? Got a pic of them. I want one intill you get some with the tm on it. Thanks man