Shifter bushing

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by Ivey, Dec 5, 2018.

1. fred heath

fred heath Addict

Truck:
    1978 Toyota Galavan Motorhome.
    Both plugs take the same size socket (23mm?). They’re close to each other so easy to confuse. I’ll try to upload a picture of what this plug should look like when removed.

Attached Files:

2. Ivey

Ivey Veteran

Truck:
    1976 Toyota Hilux
    I finally got under the truck today to take a look at this and came to the realization that I drained from the wrong plug and that when I drained the transmission I actually replaced the plug with a hex one. I luckily keep the old plug but the problem is that it doesn't have a spring or a ball bearing. I purchased some ball bearings ahead of time but had no idea I would need a spring. So this is definitely my issue just trying to figure out how to remedy it.

3. Ivey

Ivey Veteran

Truck:
    1976 Toyota Hilux
    I think I got it fixed. I found a picture someone took on Yotatech of the spring and ball. Went to the hardware store and found something similar, 3/8in in diameter. It was too long but I cut it down so it sat flush with the top of the bolt. Greased up the bearing and put the whole thing back in there. I shift a lot better now. I can go straight from gear to gear without having to stir the pot, so to speak. Thanks Fred!

fred heath likes this.