Replacing your worn out shifter seat

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by SD YOTA, Jun 20, 2013.

1. SD YOTA

SD YOTA Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    2000 Toyota Tacoma 2wd
    yea... the bushing looks like its been LOOOONG gone!!! :LMAO:

yea, you need to put one in there.... the upper plate shows that your shifter has worn into the edges because its misaligned. verify what trans you have for sure and order one from marlin and im sure you'll discover a whole new feel to the trans.... :lol:

Heavy Duty Shift Lever Ball Seats | Marlin Crawler, Inc.

yea, the trans sits nearly identical to the w series but its waaay waaaay heaftier. lot heavier duty. the R series trans are pretty much the biggest beefiest trans toyota had in their trucks. if you check this link, itt'll give you all the info on any trans toyotas came with.

2. standardbyker88

standardbyker88 Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    78 lolux and an 89 ramcharger
    Thanks buddy. I will check it all out later. Gotta crash out. Start a new job at 9am. 3rd new job this year. Hopefully I quit quitin :lol:

I will investigate the R150s more. I would prefer something beefy. The V8 I plan to run will have about 350-400 hp at the crank. Plus a 125 wet fogger system. Like I have said, I gotta be able to keep up with our 600 hp dakota :D

3. 22R88

22R88 Veteran

Truck:
    1988 Reg Cab Deluxe RN50
    Can you do this job without removing the carpet from the truck or does the carpet need to come out ?

Thanks,
    22R88

4. SD YOTA

SD YOTA Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    2000 Toyota Tacoma 2wd
    yea... take a look into marlins site as they give off all the info on these trannies. chances are a supra tranny is gonna be your best bet on holding up your power..

the carpet does not have to come out, under the shift boot it is cut out for access.. just have to move the carpet around.

i have found on some trucks i did have to slightly cut a slit into the corners for it to flex more but thats it. no need to remove it.