Rear Speaker Idea

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by Alan, Mar 8, 2009.

1. 1radtoy

1radtoy Enthusiast

Truck:
    1987 SR5 Turbo
    i had a 1990 Regular cab...I had a set of Recaros, a center console from a 92-95 4runner. Behind the centerr console on the wall was my amp and Clarion Pro Audio Digital Sound processor. Behind the seats were a pair of 6" Bazooka Tubes. I had Clarion Pro Audio 6.5" Components in custom built door panels. Clarion Pro Audio head unit and some tweeters in dash...factory location....The whole entire cab was lined with ROADKILL(Dynamat Equilvalent) and I sprayed foam inside the fender wells Jute padding underneath the carpet, monster cable wiring wallah a pretty clean sounding system considering the lack of space in these trucks

2. ShoNuff

ShoNuff Toyotaholic

Truck:
    75 hilux, 80 4x4
    my truck came with a single speaker am/fm radio...

but i got 2 4's up front and 6x9's behind the buckets with a .5cuft 400w 8in between the seats.

sounds f'n awesome.

not a 6cuft pass through box good, but as good as space allows, and more then i need.

only thing i would change is making the box out of fiberglass and integrating it into the center console. have the speaker at the back about 2 in from the wall right inbetween the seats, and the base of the console the box. bet you could squeeze over 1cuft and a 12 in there and nobody would ever know its there.

3. oahu grown

oahu grown Toyotaholic

Truck:
    92 Extra Cab
    Id have to agree about the unnecessary need for rear speakers in a single cab. A good set of 6.5s off a amp should be more then enough. Also, imo, im not a fan of music coming from behind me. Sounds weird to me

4. suncomb1

suncomb1 Enthusiast

Truck:
    1983 Toyota SR54x4 Mojave Edition-Black Package Shortbed Sport Truck
    I run a Kenwood system. I have 6.5" 3 way speakers mounted in the rear pillars and 5" 3 way speakers mounted in the doors (Front section) all powered by a 50Watt per channel 4 channel amp. Everything fits nice, looks like factory, and my CD music sounds great. My truck has a full race engine and it is loud but the sound system overcomes the engine noise.

5. Toyo Trucker

Toyo Trucker Addict

It's called surround sound.

Door speakers are the route I'd take. :waytogo:

6. trap

trap Addict

Truck:
    92 pickup
    here was my first attempt at a custom door panel ever

[​IMG]

2 tone vinyl and a carpeted fiberglass speaker pod on the bottom... not bad for free.

I might do another quick set soon. I plan on doing an amazing set after I install some seats and suicide doors

7. IronNam

IronNam Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 XCab
    I left the 4" speakers in my dash. Back when my dad drove it around, the factory 4" speakers blown out, and he placed in some Kenwood 4". So that was step one. Recently me and my friends installed a single din head unit, and a pocket. it does pretty great so far! Other than that, we ran a line under the carpet, under the side "sills" or w/e its called, and then into the rear cubby compartments.
    We have not built an enclosure yet.... WOW its been forever....

but my 6x9's are sitting in the cubby right now. theyy don't fall out if you place them right.

and they'll fall out if you hit a fire hydrant and a curb =]

8. oahu grown

oahu grown Toyotaholic

Truck:
    92 Extra Cab
    I dont know about the surround sound part. Id still say a good set in the front doors off an amp should be more then enough.

9. thundering02

thundering02 Addict

I personally tossed a couple of 6x9 in the little boxes behind my bench seat. The sound difference between that and just the 4 inch up front is phenomenal.

10. GrantH

GrantH Addict

from the looks of it, I will be able to run a couple 10's sealed in the back behind my single arm headrest accord seats. Plenty of room when your stock floored :).

11. millcitysboy606

millcitysboy606 Enthusiast

Truck:
    87 Pickup
    I just got hooked up with a pair of 12" pioneer premeir shallow mount subs for 120 and am looking for some advice on how to build a enclosure to put them in... standard cab with buckets from a 4 runner... have a bazooka kind tube between them rite now that sounds good but want to do better... love big bass!!! any help would be greatly aprecciated guys... im looking to make enough sound to make little hatchys look twice at my sh*t box

12. chowderboy02

chowderboy02 Member

Truck:
    1988 Toyota Pickup 4 speed Regular Cab
    I love bass so i built a real custom box. i have two 10inch kicker cvr and a 12inch rockford punch. I'll take a pic with the subs tommorow. my plans are as many 15's i can fit
    PICT0041.jpg
    if anyone wants to see how i did this i took step by step picks

13. pig rig

pig rig Enthusiast

on my 87 I put 2 12"subs and 2 6" subs be hide my bench seat then I had "4 in the factory dash holes then had tweeters mounted right above them in the dash and I was pushing it all with 350w

and this was back before shallow mount speakers and my seat went all the way back

it sounded good my plan is to use the same set up in my crew cab but with better gear

14. 89dlx47

89dlx47 Veteran

Truck:
    89 standard 2wd
    you got any pics of that? i would love to see how you did it

15. yota4life

yota4life Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1991 xcab 2wd 4cyl
    I have the 4 inch speakers in the dash an 6.5s in the door an 2 12s

16. Litneon

Litneon Super Moderator Staff Member

Truck:
    94 xtra cab
    Whether you install mids and highs in the rear is up to you. I struggled with coming up with a good place to install the rears in my xtra cab. Finally after a few attemps, I took them back out and haven't missed them since.

I run a pair of Fusion Audio Jonah Lomu series 5.25" components with a four channel Jonah Lomu amp (185w x 4), a Jonah Lomu 1200w monoblock, and an old school Eclipse 88100 10" sub built in to the storage compartment.

Fiberglass door pods...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just for anyone wondering how to seal off the storage compartment...

[​IMG]

17. standardbyker88

standardbyker88 Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    78 lolux and an 89 ramcharger
    the last shot confuses me a little. is that alot of bare metal there? but i like using that pocket. id probably out a grille over it. or use 2 layers of board, with 2 sized holes so it sits down flush and has metal mesh over it. like heavy stuff. so it doesnt get damaged.

18. joeynational

joeynational Toyotaholic

Truck:
    91 2WD
    love your set up sitneon!! very clean, i like the way you have the crossover in the door box, here is mine.. I used to have some Kicker Resolution series seperates in the doors and 2 10" solobarics, also two Orion HCCA amps under the seats, im going to have to look for the sub pics and scan them, cuz there were no digital cameras back when i had this system hahaha

[​IMG]

19. Litneon

Litneon Super Moderator Staff Member

Truck:
    94 xtra cab
    Hey, I'm right there with you. This driver is a hand built unit from a local guy, (not the one I run now), it's mounting depth is over 6", so that it wasn't possible to recess it any further. If I had used a smaller framed driver, then I would have recessed it even further. The Zenas here had an Xmax of 35mm one way.

You will have to do some trimming to get most drivers to rear mount.

And I'm not sure what looks like bare metal except the aluminum foil tape that I used to keep the cables tight to the floor. Is that what you were seeing?

20. standardbyker88

standardbyker88 Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    78 lolux and an 89 ramcharger
    i meant the areas on the flats. looks like the undercoating was chipped off and ground to bare metal.