Perkolator's '75 Hilux

Discussion in 'Pre-1975 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by Perkolator, Sep 25, 2015.

1. MrDinkleman

MrDinkleman Addict

Truck:
    1988 standard cab, long bed
    Very nice.

What are the specs for those? I've noticed Jeeps come with factory alloys that look as good as aftermarket and gave been searching and dpec'ing them out for my own truck.

I WAS thinking of using 16x7 Supras (flat dish style) but then, I saw another 88 truck with a polished set and the 37mm offset was too much. They looked way too sunken...

2. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    I just painted the wheel this afternoon. The residue/film/whatever seems to come off with just my finger, when the paint cures I'll buff it out with a cloth or the polishing wheel or something. Wondering if it's just a reaction between the tape and the buffing compound that was on the surface since I didn't exactly degrease this one much, lol. Next ones will be done better

3. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    They are a 15x7. I think they used to come on Wagoneers and Cherokees back in the late 80s

4. MrDinkleman

MrDinkleman Addict

Truck:
    1988 standard cab, long bed
    Thanks. That's too bad. Even though I like the style/ look, I'm planning to go with 16x7. I guess I gotta keep looking...

5. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    Well, I finally found some time to tinker on my truck, lol.

First off I finally finished up my wheels! Took me a LOOOOOONG time, but I finally sanded off all the machined texture from the face of them, the offroad rash mostly removed, then I got them semi-polished up and painted gray interiors with a black back-side. Haven't installed tires yet as I'm indecisive on what size I actually want to run on this truck. I tried to have the tire shop put on what I thought were two good tires off my Prius last week, but turned out only one was salvageable and of course they didn't call me and say anything until I asked after seeing only one tire in the back of the car - wish they didn't do any of them if that was the case, oh well. Still need to decide what size I'm going to run - something around 24-25" height with a lowered stance, or go up to a 27" all terrain and leave the height.
    IMG_1457.jpg

Installed a vent ball on the driver's side (need to find another one), mounted a universal windshield washer tank assembly under the hood -- need to figure out how/where to mount the 1976+ style "hidden" sprayers that I have (PO swapped out the '75 hood, which had the sprayers on it)

Finally installed my Dynomax muffler, yay it's so much quieter! Kept the existing pipe routing for now. Eventually I'll buy new pipe and some v-band clamps to re-do it so it's tucked up behind the crossmembers. Anyway, here's a sound clip:

nottoshabi likes this.
  6. Smokewagon

Smokewagon Member

Truck:
    1975 Hilux RN28
    The wheels look rad. Has a chunkier feel than a regular turbine wheel.