My little project

Discussion in '1989-1995 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by Joshua Neville, Feb 9, 2022.

1. Joshua Neville

Joshua Neville Newbie

I have a 91 I bought from a friend of mine a few years ago. Always been a dream to build vehicles. Its been a slow project, between work, getting my shop built and just plain life. Been working on it about a year. Full frame tear down and rebuild. Always looking for advice or help and always willing to share what I have learned so far. Let me know what yall think.

Attached Files:

Erwin Merida likes this.
  2. 1982

1982 Newbie

Truck:
    1982 2WD manual 22R
    Nice! Keep updating as you go. That generation of pickup has such clean simple lines and look amazing in good condition.

Joshua Neville likes this.
  3. Joshua Neville

Joshua Neville Newbie

Its ruff around the edges bed mostly then few dents on the cab over the years. Have been replacing everything and also lowered it. Got a good deal on the wheels so making them fit has been trail and error

1982 likes this.
  4. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    LEXXXI - angry '93 ShortBed
    Welcome. I gota admit, those wheel are nice! The color really complements the style. Looking forward to your build! Are you going to be using the 22re again or swapping out?

5. Joshua Neville

Joshua Neville Newbie

Thank you and yeah got a jam up deal on them. $100 for all 4. Looked them up. About 1600 20x8 in front and 20x10. I looked into engine swap. More work than thought I was wanting. Gonna rebuild the 22re throw a few little mods to it. Mostly just a enjoyable cruiser. Try to do local shows with it also when done. I have a f250 thats next after this and wanna paint to match them.

6. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    Daaamnn, that's a steal!!

7. Joshua Neville

Joshua Neville Newbie

Yeah offset isn't right but for that cheap got a set of wheels spacers and all good

8. Joshua Neville

Joshua Neville Newbie

Little update. Had to flare the fenders some to fit the back tires. Then started some body work on the bed. Had so decent dents that were a little difficult to get to so decided to remove the bed sides.

Attached Files:

Erwin Merida likes this.
  9. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    Mines has a few dents and I was going to change the side panels of the bed since I sourced them pretty cheap. Was the panel bolted only or did it have a few spot welds?

10. Joshua Neville

Joshua Neville Newbie

Its was all spot welds. Had a few bolts for some bracing. Have been looking for bed sides but everything is out of stock for new panels. From what I have found

Erwin Merida likes this.
  11. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    Welcome aboard

12. Joshua Neville

Joshua Neville Newbie

ok. little update. still waiting on parts is the story of my life now lol. I went and got some seats for the truck. After doing the work to swap brackets and making them fit. I started on the interior mocking up and kicking around ideas. I found that the seats are to wide. So time to look for some new seats. Looking around on here, seems that the mr2 or del sol or civic seats are the way to go. Trying to stay up to date for anyone interested.

Erwin Merida and 1982 like this.