LM4 LS swapped 78 Longbed

Discussion in '1976-1983 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by Markus Vandevender, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Markus Vandevender

Markus Vandevender Member

Truck:
    1978 Longbed
    Drove three hours yesterday to pick these up for $150! 16x8 rears, 16x4 front, old school mid 80s cragar drag wheels. gotta find some rubber for them and get some shanked lug nuts. but im happy with them. The rears stick out the perfect amount. I have some Rally armor mudflaps for the rear ill be putting on, and im thinking about doing some rivet on flares from a 240 also.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Pearce

Pearce Enthusiast

Truck:
    1973 hilux
    Personally I would looking to tub it. It would fit the look of your build better. Give it the drag car stance.

Markus Vandevender likes this.
  3. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Those look good. The pizza cutters up front are a nice touch

Markus Vandevender likes this.
  4. Markus Vandevender

Truck:
    1978 Longbed
    Ill probably tub it eventually, i actually kick myself in the ass, there was a shortened strange dana 60, 36in wms to wms that popped up for sale a few days after i put the explorer axle in. eventually im going to link and probably tube the rear frame. For now this will do though.

5. Markus Vandevender

Truck:
    1978 Longbed
    If anyone is looking for replacement springs, i just put these in, part number ACDELCO 45H0095. $60 shipped from rockauto. Theyre for a 77 ford pinto, theyre about .500 longer than stock springs but about 300lb less spring rate. They brought me up to about an inch from stock height and the pushing down the nose it feels soft like a caddy. The rear is still taller than the front but i think thats ok, because im going to run around a 275/40/16 rear so i need the room.
    [​IMG]