crown vic wheels

Discussion in 'Wheels/Tires' started by trackfox, Dec 9, 2011.

1. OldSchool84DevilLux

OldSchool84DevilLux Enthusiast

Truck:
    1984 Toyota Sr5 PU Xtra Cab(Hilux)
    Theres plastic hub centrics on some vehicles how is that goin to help lessen the stress on the studs? Conical nuts are meant to center the rim. My buddy put his on back wards and the rim didnt seat correctly

2. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    Most aftermarket wheels are made with the largest hub size available in that particular bolt pattern so they don't have to make 12 different hub diameters and thusly the tire & wheel stores don't have to stock them.

You do what makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside and I'll do what I know works without ANY issue and we'll both be happy. :D

3. SuperRA

SuperRA Newbie

How are toyota studs designed any differently than studs on non hub-centric vehicles? They aren't... It's still a threaded stud... which works just fine on non hub-centric vehicles all day. The toyota studs are in fact thicker than studs on alot of 60-70s cars which are heavier and non hub-centric as well.

4. craigdbl

craigdbl Guest

Discount tire sells these. They look the same. they are by Drag--dr44/[​IMG]

5. Madness

Madness Enthusiast

on top of that the toyota 6 lug trucks are lug centric...

Hub rings are there for hub centric cars to "center" the wheel so there isnt any vibration while driving. Cheap ass plastic rings that usually snap when installed will not hold the weight of a 1-2 ton vehicle, The lugs do, hence why the lighter 2wd trucks have 5 and the heavier 4x4's have 6.

6. speede

speede Member

Hey what's up. I jut put the same wheels on my 78 today lowered it and all. I'm getting a shaking at about 65 miles per hour. Iri balance the wheels and it still shakes can anyone help me with some info please . I do not have center rings thank you for your time

7. speede

speede Member

And where can I buy the right size hub rings and what size!

8. Ahshiet

Ahshiet Enthusiast

Stud stress? I must be pushing my luck cause I have 15x10 with 40 et and enough camber to have a big puddle sitting on the lip and no bump stops nor torsion bars yeah it's stupid but it's low n static it's not a race car built for fun!

9. speede

speede Member

i put the wheels of a mercury grand mar. im still getting a shacking at about 60 so im thinking i need hub rings .i have seen the frist post and he has the same wheels with no hub rings so i dont know why i would need some. they only way to get some is by having someone make them. any ideas??

78 3ich drop blocks rear
    3 coils in front
    mercury grand m. wheels

thanks!

10. riceratyota

riceratyota Veteran

Truck:
    which one 77/78/79/81[r.i.p]82 sbrc driftbox, and a CeliLux/current daily= 79 sbrc [lil' blue]
    could be pinion angle with the 3 " blocks i got a little vib. with my 2" blocks so check that the drive shafts not binding up

11. riceratyota

riceratyota Veteran

Truck:
    which one 77/78/79/81[r.i.p]82 sbrc driftbox, and a CeliLux/current daily= 79 sbrc [lil' blue]
    oh i got g.marquis wheels a and they fit perfect no wheel vibration at all cept. for that dang blown shock ive been meaning to replace

12. TDS909

TDS909 Veteran

Truck:
    1992 st cab
    how much did you guys pay for your crown vic rims?

13. memphis_r27

memphis_r27 Newbie

Hey guys, I'm new here... First of, I just want to day thanks for all the great info here.
    Although I don't own a truck, sorry, I do have a set of crown vics I want to install on my 94 Camry. Do you guys know if I would need spacers to clear calipers??? Please help.

14. YOguyDA

YOguyDA Addict

Truck:
    1986 Regular Cab
    I doubt you will have any problems...these wheels will probably be sticking at least 3" outside of your fender!

15. AspireCycle

AspireCycle Member

Truck:
    1978 Longbed 5 Speed
    Just so you guys know, there are three different "versions" of these 16" wheels....

The Crown Victoria version has a double stepped lip, and a lower offset (more poke). The mesh "spokes" are made to look like they overlap, and the star pattern around the lugs in the middle has a straight solid border.

There are two different Lincoln versions, from the Grand Marquis or Towncar, maybe the MKVII. One version (V1) has a single stepped lip, higher offset (less poke). The other version (V2) has a double stepped lip like the crown vic, and a lower offset (more poke). The mesh "spokes" are FLAT, they look more like ENKEI 92's, and the star pattern around the lugs in the middle has a jagged edge.

I ended up getting the Lincoln version, two of each, so I can have a staggered set. On my '78, the rear hubs are tucked further under the bed, so both front and back will be flush with the fenders, and the rear wheels will have more lip. Good luck with your search!!

PICS ATTACHED

Attached Files:

John Burger and kayyo like this.