Carb help: weber content

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by goldmember, Feb 20, 2011.

1. goldmember

goldmember Newbie

Truck:
    81 long bed 2wd
    Hey guys,

So i've done a complete rebuild on my 22r. I am trying to get the last of it buttoned up. I need help with the carb. I have a used weber redline that I believe to be a 32/36 or 34/34. My question is on the vacuum lines. Or the lack there of. Only 1 vacuum port on weber. What I need help with is what lines can go and what ones do I need to keep? I have researched a bit and have seen most people run the vacuum from the carb to the distributor. Seems like there are several routes to take. Just want the cleanest and most reliable setup. Any input you guys might have would be great!

Thanks

2. goldmember

goldmember Newbie

Truck:
    81 long bed 2wd
    I should also mention that I am still running the EGR. So if there are lines I need for that I will need to know.

Thanks again

3. norcalyota88

norcalyota88 Newbie

Truck:
    81 4x4 Pickup Long Bed
    Take the EGR system off & block the to holes where it one was. Truck will not smog with Weber anyway so there is no use for it except just more room for problems. It's a nice clean engine compartment too with all the smog & EGR parts removed.

4. minidreaming

minidreaming Enthusiast

Truck:
    83 Long Bed Deluxe
    I just did the same thing that you have done to your truck. But, I deleted the EGR. It takes two block plates from LCE if you cant make them yourself and then you run one vac line from distributor to pass side of weber and one vac line from intake manifold for brake booster. Otherwise, you have two other options. One from pcv/back of valve cover to weber filter unit. One at front of valve cover by oil cap. you can put a straight cone filter on that bad boy. Again, you can get from LCE if you want. I recommend delete EGR as well. Since delete and weber engine runs like its new!!

If you happen to do the EGR delete you can also get some plugs for the vac lines you delete from your intake from LCE as well. It makes it look really clean. If i get a chance, when its not running I will take a pick for you