1. Justin Danger

Justin Danger Veteran

Truck:
    1986 Toyota Xtra cab SR5 Turbo 22rte
    I've got everything back together. She is running smooth, clean and leak free. I just ordered a 1000W pioneer amp, a couple subs, and some new speakers for a nice little sound system upgrade. I've always been a bit a a weight weenie, always trying to cut down on excess weight, but some quality sounding tunes I think is worth the extra weight.

I'm working on a design for the rear shelf to integrate dual subwoofer boxes and some storage for ratchet straps and tools and such.

2. mutantcolors

mutantcolors Enthusiast

I have a wedge speaker box with a mid and tweeter behind the passenger seat. Not really my thing normally, but the previous owner had a 600W amp fully installed and I had the speaker just collecting dust.

It's funny because in my xtracab, with a ton more room, it would eat up valuable space, but in the regular cab I'm in now, the sub is no problem because that space is pretty much useless.

3. Justin Danger

Justin Danger Veteran

Truck:
    Well, she has been running phenomenally for about a week now. I haven't pushed her very hard, but have been dailying her.
    I also set up a sound system. I installed a 1000W Pioneer amp with 2 8" Pyle subs. After trying a lot of different 4" speakers in the dash, I ended up keeping the stock ones because they out performed any other speaker I have tried. Everything sounds great up to and beyond comfortable loudness levels, so that is wonderful. It also gave me a chance to wrap my back shelf.

these are the speaker boxes and shelf of plywood and MDF:
    20180801_175646[1]sm.jpg
    20180801_175707[1]sm.jpg

And after I wrapped everything:
    20180802_133839[1]sm.jpg

20180802_133754[1]sm.jpg
    All that is left is making some cool lids for the boxes, and thinking of some creative way to run the cables.

4. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Run the power wire out the floor of the cab and along the frame rail.

5. Justin Danger

Justin Danger Veteran

Truck:
    Power is already tucked under the carpet on the passenger's side along the door, across under the shelf, and comes up from the underside. It is a big one at 0 gauge, and the ground wire too. Once I am comfortable enough with how the deal is all working out, I will pull the passenger's side seat, and pull up the carpet to tuck the wires. I could go for smaller wires for everything else, but this was the only gauge the hardware store near me had, I may try to find something with less thick insulation.

6. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Knukonceptz

7. Justin Danger

Justin Danger Veteran

Truck:
    oh, slick! I'm also most likely getting a more powerful alternator. I dug up some old threads and found some 170 amp direct fit ones.

8. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    170 should be plenty

9. CODY DOTSON

CODY DOTSON Newbie

Truck:
    89 PICKUP 2WD
    WHERE CAN I BUY THIS SETUP?

10. Justin Danger

Justin Danger Veteran

Truck:
    I ended up doing a lot of research into my shock choices for this setup. It is a lot of big name brand parts like Sway-a-Way torsion bars, DJM control arms, and Belltech drop spring in back as well as sway bar upgrades. The tricky part was then finding the right shock to get. I went to a bunch of company websites and downloaded the full product line spec sheets, and compared the compresion lenths/travel as well as the mounts and bushings that they came with to find the right suspension setup for my ride height. A lot of the information on what shock lengths and such you need are available on some old posts in these forums.

if you are wondering where to "get" this setup, I ended up snagging part numbers, and surfing for the best prices I could find. You can probably get everything from something like CARID or Amazon, but they don't necessarily have the best prices.

HAHA, I can't believe how dusty her undercarriage was in that picture, the truck has come a long way, but I have kept that same suspension setup.