best sound System

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by millcitysboy606, Dec 1, 2008.

1. millcitysboy606

millcitysboy606 Enthusiast

Truck:
    87 Pickup
    i just wanted to see who on here has the best sound system. Pics would really help. Im going to be doing an all Pioneer sound system in mine. 10"-12" Shallow mount subs. 6 3/4 in custom kicks. 4" speakers in the dash. a new dash and two amps to juice it all up

2. Sound.Vision.Soul

Sound.Vision.Soul Toyotaholic

Truck:
    93 Pick up I6 Turbo
    PIONEER!! Oh i like the way you think. I have 100% pioneer. Deck, two 6.5"s, two 4.5"s, two amps, 4 10" subwoofers. And along with making my interior black there will be lots of Dynamat!! Ill get pics up as soon as i can.

3. millcitysboy606

Truck:
    87 Pickup
    Ya I love Pioneer. my friend gave me some subs and I had to kindly decline. they were duals.. psh please... oh and I love the video of you peelin out. i show all my friends. what gear did u get to before you actually took off???

4. Sound.Vision.Soul

Sound.Vision.Soul Toyotaholic

Truck:
    93 Pick up I6 Turbo
    hahah thx man. I actually just sat there in 1st reving the engine from 3000rpm to 5000rpm just to here the blowoff valve. Im pathetic but itsmy first boosted vehicle. The funny thing is that i could sit at 2500 to 3000rpm and still have enough torque to over power the brakes and still smoke the tires! Couldnt do that with the v6. Had to be at least 4000.

5. patriotpop

patriotpop Addict

Truck:
    94 2wd
    Mine's not the best, but I have a pioneer head unit, pioneer 760 amp, and pioneers in the doors for now, my sub is a 12" Kicker CVT. It's bumps really good for only one sub. :D Thinking of making it all Kicker components except for the head unit.

6. OGtoy

OGtoy Enthusiast

Truck:
    93 std cab 22re
    i got a Panasonic Indash single din, 6.5 MB QUART Qline component set, Rockford 100.4 power for the mids, 16lb 8in Digital Designs woffer in a custom PORTED armrest .8 cubic box, and a 500 watt MTX amp to power it!

7. rwmagee90

rwmagee90 Enthusiast

Truck:
    1989 STD. Cab (base)
    I do car stereo work by trade. I love my job (sometimes). I am doing all Kenwood in my truck. I am going to run a DDX-512 double din with 6.1 inch screen, 2 KFC-X172 6 3/4 inch speakers in each door, KFC-X1720P components in the kick panels, 2 KFC-XW1200F 12" shallow mount subs, a KAC-8104D amp on the subs with a KAC-8404 on the mids and highs. I already have my door panels built.

8. Megaglow_Z

Megaglow_Z Addict

Truck:
    81 long-bed goodness
    I have......nothing at all....yay!!!

9. trap

trap Addict

Truck:
    92 pickup
    kentucky fried chicken speakers... I like my dnx7100 but I really don't like kenwoods amps or speakers...

but I also work at a high end stereo shop in newport beach where $500 components are considered "entry level"

10. millcitysboy606

Truck:
    87 Pickup
    i was just wondering where you guys did your training... i really would love to go into this field of work... I have also wanted to be an engineer, but I love working with my hands and i feel like I wont do that much as an engineer.

11. rwmagee90

rwmagee90 Enthusiast

Truck:
    1989 STD. Cab (base)
    i honestly just inda fell into it got lucky when i got out the army. one of my friends was working at a shop and needed some help. i learned the trade with ojt.

12. Collins94

Collins94 Addict

Truck:
    94 single cab hilux
    you too? its great huh?

13. millcitysboy606

Truck:
    87 Pickup
    i know it wont pay more than being an engineer. but is it a fun job. I love working on my car. im not the type of person that could sit behind a desk chair all day. i have to be active in my work.

14. V8_TITAN

V8_TITAN Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 std cab
    theres really no money in it anymore... but if it what you wanna do go for it... do it on the side or something.. but right now I have a pioner deh5000UB with 4inch alpine s-types in my dash.. going for a pioner double din nav,kicker l7s and not sure for mids and highs yet..

15. trap

trap Addict

Truck:
    92 pickup
    I got my first job installing when I turned 18 with no experience at circuit city. They have quite a few installer schools if you want a crash course.

finding a good paying job at a reputable shop is the hard part.

16. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1987 Toyota 2wd JT4RN50 Airbagged custom
    okay, some pics . . .

. . . Now while I do not consider it the best system here, I do know it pounds my back and thrills my ears with joy. I will be removing the custom port box and fabbing a custom fiberglass enclosure between the seats and adding bucket seats that Im re apholstering, I will also be replacing the 6 x 9's with 2ohm Infinity Kappa 693.9i & the components in the q-forms with Infinity Perfect 5.1 - 5-1/4" Component Speakers, At the same time the subs will be upgraded as well to Alpine SWR-1022D - 10" 1500W Dual 2-Ohm Subwoofers. All in all, I love my system its a little cramping, but, it rocks the mirrors off even with all the dynamat. I used all Stinger cabling and fusing, the deck is a Kenwood KDC - X890, The subs are Alpine 10", the 6 x 9's & 5 1/4" components are all Infinity. Enjoy the pics . . .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. SkeeloG88

SkeeloG88 Enthusiast

Truck:
    88 reg cab
    I've got a set of 4" Boston acoustics in factory dash mounts pioneer head unit Memphis 400 bridged and Memphis 10" lol how do u say CHEAP like $70 bux lol

18. Barret S

Barret S Veteran

Truck:
    86 Standard cab 2wd
    In my yota (when it was driving) i had an alpine 9805 hu - i live by an alpine hu, have worked at shops since 16, and have over 6000 installs under my belt, having seen the life span of most hu's and audio products, i will always have an alpine, if not that, a nakamichi hu.
    Last decent install i had was alpine hu, memphis pr200 amp on a pair of crossfire bmf 5.25" components in customer made kicks. Then a memphis ar-hc100 amp running a 2 ohm mono load with an Elemental designs 10a sub. Very clean and nice.

19. SkeeloG88

SkeeloG88 Enthusiast

Truck:
    88 reg cab
    Lownloud how are those kick panels? I plan on using my factory ones to glass some 5.25" in em just wanted to c how u liked em

20. jctoy29

jctoy29 Addict

Truck:
    1993 toyota standard cab short bed
    I agree I only buy alpine hu's I wont run anything else. Im already on my 10th alpine i always buy new ones like I buy my jordans