any corolla guys on here??

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 22r, Feb 12, 2013.

1. 22r

22r Veteran

Truck:
    i got a TE72 sedan and i cant make up my mind on an engine. my purpose for this vehicle is to somewhat drift and go fast straight. options are 4age 16v, 20v, or beef up the 3tc? maybe a 3rz swap. any suggestions?:verdict_in:

2. Byronics

Byronics Veteran

Truck:
    89' Single cab
    freshening up the 3tc and throwing in a cam and some headwork like dual valve springs, bigger valves, port and polish, and some dual side draft should get you sideways. jus gotta work on the suspension. the rolla i used to race had a stock bottom half with a small norris cam, some dual valve springs with stock valves, 44 mikuni's, msd 6al, headers, and it went low 15's on the 1/4 mile with street tires. on dry road i could get it to slide in 2nd or 3rd gear but there was lots of body roll.
    [​IMG]

3. whysmee

whysmee Enthusiast

Truck:
    62 toyopet and 76 toyota stout
    As I live in Queensland Australia where there is the strictest automotive modification rules and just one is the 10%, or a non factory engine can not be larger than 10% in cubic capacity, weight, power output and can not be modified, so no turbo or such. There are some that are pre approved such as the hilux that can exceed the 10%, but there are so many rules that have to be obeyed and some are beyond a joke, so.
    I own toyota stouts and am stuck with the 10% rule and the stouts have a very small engine bay but still people still say put a UZ, put a GZ in it and with my measurements i doubt a VZ would fit in, so on the factory option engine I am going sole propane turbo and possible doubling the ponies that way

4. 22r

22r Veteran

Truck:

yea thats what i had in mind. and how was the idle w/ the norris?

5. 22r

22r Veteran

Truck:
    i live on maui :waytogo: where 110% is allowed. but Australia does have alot of good ****!

6. Byronics

Byronics Veteran

Truck:
    89' Single cab
    if you run any aftermarket cam shaft with a 2 barrel carb like a weber 38 or 36/36 it rocks. sounds pretty nice but with dual side drafts or even a holley 4 barrel the idle is smooth unless you have a huge cam but with a huge cam you might have to bore the block or if not then notch the pistons and that drops the compression a lil bit. but it all depends on what setup your planning on doin. i think the norris is a good brand though

7. not forgotten

not forgotten Addict

Truck:
    82 SR5 L/B
    My dd is a 05 corrola le,bone stock except tinted windows,i love it,i call it my little tank, winter time I've got studded tires on it I never get stock it's a beast, had heavy Compact snow wit had heavy Compac snow with ruts and we got through it and she laughed about it!

8. CUCUY

CUCUY Enthusiast

Truck:
    '81 SR5 longbed
    I used to own a TE72 'rolla with a sweet 3TC and T50 5 speed trans.

Ported & polished the head, swapped an Engle cam, better valve springs, thorley header, dual weber 40's, msd ignition.... With mini tubs and sticky tires, was really fun ride ;-)

Started drifting it toward the end, but ended up selling it. Looking back, I should have kept it.

9. 22r

22r Veteran

Truck:
    corolla > civic anyday of the week!