A bolt on 4 link kit

Discussion in '1984-1988 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by Beefed Taco, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Beefed Taco

Beefed Taco Addict

Is just a couple days away from being finished. I'll get some fresh batteries for my camera and post a few pics. It's going to use the QA1 rear street style coil overs and will be fully adjustable. Spring rates, adjustable rings on the shock body, 3 different lower shock mount positions, and adjustable shocks with the turn of a knob.

The kit is going to be a pretty simple bolt in kit consisting of 2 bolt in cross members, one for the coil overs and the other for the forward facing upper links, gas tank, and exhaust. Also included are the links and lower shock mounts that bolt on. There will be an optional rear frame brace with spare tire crank. Maybe even a fuel cell option to even the weight out. It's going to give a 4" drop with full adjustability up and down. Shock and link bolts are 5/8" grade 8 and cross member / frame bolts are 1/2" grade 8, all fine thread.

Now the bad part for you guys.......it's for a 2004 V6 supercharged s-runner sportin' 18"x10" wheels with 275's on 'em, all around. But if somebody local wanted to step up and drop their truck off at my shop this kit could be an option for the pre 95 Yota's too. I could finish it in 2 weeks easy....:shrug:

I'll start by posting the rear brace, but will update the thread with the other items tomorrow evening once I'm a little further and it actually looks like a 4 link. The bottom links are currently finished. I have the upper links and the cross member's to finish tomorrow. The only welding required will be the 4 tabs on the axle housing for the upper links, which can easily be done somewhere ahead of time.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  2. IronNam

IronNam Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 XCab
    wow, Tacoma's aren't even a fully closed frame?

3. Beefed Taco

Beefed Taco Addict

They are until under the bed, then they're C channel. This is why I charge a little more to notch a Taco because I box the frame at the notch area when I do a weld in notch.

Attached Files:

4. V8_TITAN

V8_TITAN Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 std cab
    these trucks dont need it... they werent meant for hauling much of anything..

when are you going to make something for the 89 to 95 guys.... dont they already have bolt on 4 links for your years ?

5. Frinzo

Frinzo Toyotaholic

Truck:
    '86 Std Cab
    kool to see that someone is doing a bolt in kit for this model year.

6. Beefed Taco

Beefed Taco Addict

Nobody offers one yet, and I'd love to do one on the pretacos as stated in the first post.

I know you've seen "that gardener" with 20 weed eaters, 3 lawn mowers, 12 rakes, 2 blowers and 20 bags of lawn clippings in his bed and about the same amount of junk in the trailer he's pulling.

Or 2 dirtbikes and 2 large gear bags. These trucks will haul whatever you toss in them and won't complain, just sag out in the ass. The frames are strong, even when notched. This truck below got totaled and my bolt in notch kit and frame were fine, and it's the deepest kit on the market.

Thanks, it'll be the only 95.5-04 kit available, and stronger than my friend's 67 Camaro kit, I just looked at his.

Attached Files:

• #1.JPG
      #1.JPG
      File size:
      2 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  7. o.d.

o.d. Newbie

how much is the coilovers itself? i would like to make it fit on my 86 single cab in the front. the bottom looks like the same mounting on the front control arm and i may have to mod the upper shock mount which i can do

8. thundering02

thundering02 Addict

Anything else become of this?

9. garagedoorman

garagedoorman Addict

Truck:
    86 RN63 /87 RN50 /85 SR5 /80 4x4 /86 RN55
    subscribed. Very interesting

10. burnzya

burnzya Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    bodied 73 hilux
    all the coilovers i've looked into for doing a conversion run in the $400+ range for 2..

11. o.d.

o.d. Newbie

ok so now i know how much to save for, i need something more stiff in the front cause i dont like the dip in the front end while cornering, causes one of the rear wheels to lift. would 8k spring rate be good for the front?

12. o.d.

o.d. Newbie

another thing, what model coilover should i get because i dont want to get something that is too long of a shock and cause it from lowering my truck

13. Beefed Taco

Beefed Taco Addict

yup. I finished it and it came out great. Good bye wheel hop. It uses a bolt on gas tank strap mount and exhaust hanger. The coils need to be changed because these were way too soft and I had to run the threads on the shocks all the way up and move the lower shock mount to the top hole until he gets some different springs. :waytogo:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
  14. Dgerfan55

Dgerfan55 Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 pickup
    Dang that is sick man, good job, Now get going on the one for the 89-94.5 trucks

15. Beefed Taco

Beefed Taco Addict

Thanks. I'm right there with you man, I'd love for someone to step up and bring me their pre 95 so I can do basically the same exact thing on it. After doing this one, the next one will go quicker too. This one took a good couple weeks to do. He supplied the QA1 coil overs and heims and bungs. I made everything else. The truck has gobs of HP with it's supercharged V6...I know, I rode in it. Can you imagine a early Yota with this suspension setup....:drool:

Attached Files:

16. SD YOTA

SD YOTA Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    2000 Toyota Tacoma 2wd

Guinna pig eh? :thinking: :evil:

im still truckles but depending on what i find first and how much i find it for i will hit you up....... :waytogo:

anyone else would be wise to hit this guy up for a beefy built 4 link. still need to hit up chris to take a look at this in person :D

17. Frinzo

Frinzo Toyotaholic

Truck:
    '86 Std Cab
    man, if i was closer, i would drop off my truck to you and fly back..i wouldnt mind haveing a bolt in 4 link. im not looking to bag my truck but would deffently not mind this for my 86. maybe a road trip some time :shrug:

18. thundering02

thundering02 Addict

OMG ...soon as I can afford after the engine is in...

19. edwood

edwood Newbie

hello all! just joined to find out when this kit is going to be available to buy? i have an 02 tacoma and am looking for something like this!

20. garagedoorman

garagedoorman Addict

Truck:
    86 RN63 /87 RN50 /85 SR5 /80 4x4 /86 RN55
    This kit wont work on boxed frames, will it.