4Runner dash swap into 94 pickup

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by Uriel, Jan 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Uriel

Uriel Newbie

My dash from my pickup is broken and I found a 4Runner dash that I can buy but I want to know if it will fit plz let me know if it will fit

2. KingBouyah

KingBouyah Member

It will fit, but there's a possibility that you will need more than just the dash pad. There are two styles of dash pad. One is the one-piece foam and vinyl covered dash, you find this in SR5 pickups and most 4runners. The other is the two-piece hard plastic dash pad. I'm not 100% clear on what the differences are in mounting other than I know that the one-piece dash pad wraps a little lower in the radio area and the supports where the radio mounts to are slightly different. I know for sure the stereo mounting brackets are different. And then I know that the black bezel/dash facing (labeled in the FSM as "cluster finish panel") around the instrument cluster and vents is also different from one dash to the other. On the two piece dash, it screws into the hard plastic dash piece that wraps up around the gauges (labeled in the FSM as "meter hood"). On the one-piece dash, I think it just clips into the mounting pieces behind it, but I'm not 100% sure. Check the diagrams in the back of the chilton's manual or factory service manual to be sure, though it looks like those don't exactly detail all of the differences. It doesn't show the screws going into the "meter hood" for example.

Orlando Muniz and Uriel like this.
  3. Uriel

Uriel Newbie

Thanks man ur a big help