22re hondata

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Pearce, May 19, 2023.

1. Pearce

Pearce Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1973 hilux
    David Eidson and _Quickfox like this.
  2. _Quickfox

_Quickfox Enthusiast

Hmm, much cheaper than haltech/more refined than megasquirt. Those are good numbers for turbo 22re, doesn't sound like it's about to blow up either; achievable? Who knows, interesting definitely.

3. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Wonder what all is done to that engine because it sounded really good for what it is

4. Pearce

Pearce Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1973 hilux
    I would guess a little head work and pistons. Sounds like it's reving pretty high. Other then that the Honda dizzy. Looking at the comments they had planned on selling the conversion set-up.

I think with a turbo numbers like 350 are not the far out of reach. Not the first one I've seen online. Did recently look though the doa racing Facebook page and he mentioned working on a 300hp na build.

Erwin Merida and _Quickfox like this.
  5. sirdeuce

sirdeuce Veteran

Truck:
    '86 4Runner and '89 2WD
    For a 22R Megasquirt is more than adequate. An SDS does well enough. Hondata, more than you need, but I've seen people put MUCH more into one. If you want to adapt a good ECU, GM has good units that are tuned easily enough. Best place to look is at the sensors each processor uses. Data accuracy and transfer speed is critical.

Personally, I have megasquirt. In the past I've used modified Toyota/Bosch units with sockets and burned chips for tuning.

Erwin Merida and _Quickfox like this.