22r out 20r in temporary swap

Discussion in '1984-1988 Pickup Discussion' started by terry r cosner, May 16, 2022.

1. terry r cosner

terry r cosner Newbie

Truck:
    june of 1986.. .. so ... an eighty seven.. long box.. maroon maybe once.. two wheel drivestandard tr
    so .. lets see .. shall we discuss simply finding one .. or .. the carburator bolt pattern .. or ...wait .. the barb - challenge cleaning bothgginning... bought 87 .. excuse me .. i bought a 1989 toyota 4X4 22r terrific shape solid suspension..loved its stance flawless white paint large bumper up front w/space for wench.. drove it home about25 miles n could barely slide down out of it my back hurt soooo bad.. i ran an add to trade for a 2 wheel drive.. oh ya in 2016 day b4 halloween got thrown from a piece of equiptment , damaged neck n back .. on the job so state of idaho pay to fuze 3 vert..bones in neck still need back worked on... n e way this 20 something kid stops by to look at the 4X4 he liked it n i liked the 2 wheel drive he was driving so we swapped.. within a week he went to jail but he put his name on title .. i was unable to regester it till last year when i found the person who sold him itso even though ive had it few years this is only my first year running it .. overheating was the first thin got my attention .. n the thing that brings me to swap the motors even temp.. ya

2. fred heath

fred heath Addict

Truck:
    1978 Toyota Galavan Motorhome.
    So what’s your question? Keep it Toyota related. Not really interested in hearing about your health problems. I still can’t figure out what information you’re looking for.

3. terry r cosner

terry r cosner Newbie

Truck:
    june of 1986.. .. so ... an eighty seven.. long box.. maroon maybe once.. two wheel drivestandard tr
    overheating from day one .. stock radiator i flushed entire system removed radiator flushed.. new thermostat i tested with infred thermometer .. works .. i re-routed a large hose n extended it cuz i felt passed too close to exaust .. n still overheated .. blew head gasket .. .n... goes without saying butn will n e way .. timing double check .. all good.. any advice bout overheating .. i gotta return this 20r in good shape

4. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Not to be mean or rude but how are you typing out your posts? They are VERY hard to understand. And im pretty sure we are all missing your point entirely.

Perkolator likes this.
  5. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    LEXXXI - angry '93 ShortBed
    Do you still have the heater core connected? The cooling system is also connected to the heater.. if you have a leak/air in that part it will give you overheating issues. I had that happen to me once. Another thing to consider is blockage. You can have a full system, but if it's not circulating correctly = overheat. When I flush the cooling system I run a hose to the top of the Rad and let the water circulate till clean and I make sure the flow is constant and healthy. Hope you didn't drop anything in when R&R the head. #foodforthought

jetas likes this.