1980 SR5 LongBed *Air Ride Equipped*

Discussion in '1976-1983 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by ghettoyde, Jan 15, 2013.

1. ghettoyde

ghettoyde Enthusiast

I didn't take very many pics unforunatly. But I pulled all the the wiring into the cab and deleted stuff I didnt need and then lengthened and ran the wires under the fenders. The widnshield washer fluid stuff is all removed. The emissions stuff is all gone. The coolant overflow tank is now a stainless bottle and next to the radiator. The coil is in the front drivers corner. I just tried to hide everything I could.

Before
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]

And during..the only 2 pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ghettoyde

ghettoyde Enthusiast

So I'm really excited bout these. Brand new OEM corner lights
    [​IMG]

3. HOSHPOSH

HOSHPOSH Enthusiast

Truck:
    83' Hilux(sold), 88' Fordyota(sold), 79' Hilux(sold)
    Love the truck man! I have to look at it everytime I come on to the site. If I could do clean work like you there is no way I would have ever gotten rid of my truck. :drunk::drunk:

4. ghettoyde

ghettoyde Enthusiast

Haha thanks man you are being FAR to kind. The truck is alright for what it is but it has a Looong way to go.

5. not forgotten

not forgotten Addict

Truck:
    82 SR5 L/B
    Very clean work man, I wish I had the skills/guts to do that to my truck, just jump right in, I'd get a-lot more done but I'm not going to attack something I have no idea about, thats how things get screwed up and cost more $ down the road,I've made that mistake before. You obviuosly have done this kind of motor detail before, great skill to have, congrats! got a question if you could answer for me.

1. How did you mount the overflow tank and where (I see it's beside the radiator, but where are the mounting points? I have a Billet Spcialties 13" that I want to get mounted.

It has 2 mounting tabs that are threaded, wraps around round the tank and are adjustable, tried to mount it to the tabs that are attached to the side of the radiator that the radiator fan shield mounts to (can't think of the correct name) but only one would have worked, not enought room down there to get a nut and bolt on.

I am definitly getting a wire tuck done when I get my new battery setup done!

Thanks.

PS. If you could give me a very detailed answer I would really apprecaite it.

6. not forgotten

not forgotten Addict

Truck:
    82 SR5 L/B
    Here where mine is currenly sitting, except the pcv setup with the weber is now correct, according to LC Engineering.

[​IMG]

7. not forgotten

not forgotten Addict

Truck:
    82 SR5 L/B
    I thought about using polished metal zip ties you can get at Home Depot, securing it to the radiator tabs (fan shroud thats it, DUH) you would not see them, but I think I would be a-lot happer with it correcly mounted the way it was designed to be.

8. ghettoyde

ghettoyde Enthusiast

Thanks for the kind words. I love your truck! I looked at your page more than a few times to get ideas for mine. This wire tuck was my very 1st attempt. It turned out ok. Looking back I would have done things differently and will do things differently when I re do the truck. I looked at a bunch of Honda forums since its popular with those guys and just went for it. It's just cutting and lengthening wires and then trying to keep them outta sight. As for the coolant overflow bottle, that was easy. Mine had 2 mounting tabs on the unit itself. I just used 1 existing hole and then drilled another and used the stainless bolts, washers, and nuts that came with it.

9. not forgotten

not forgotten Addict

Truck:
    82 SR5 L/B
    Thanks for the compliments and the information. I still got a long ways to go on my truck ,I'm trying my best to do everything in complete sections, so once one thing is done, its done and I don't have to worry about it anymore, vs jumping around and then having to go back and finish something in that same area and wasting time and $, I'm hoping for a feature one day in Mini Truckin', we'll see.

Good luck with your project

10. ghettoyde

ghettoyde Enthusiast

Hey you said something bout the pcv now being correct. Got any pics?

11. not forgotten

not forgotten Addict

Truck:
    82 SR5 L/B
    Heres a link to the thread I started on it, you'll need to click on the links for the pics, one says, heres the correct way.

http://www.toyotaminis.com/forum/en...ses-come-off-please-answer-if-possible-15410/

By the way, here is LC Engineering tech # as k for John if you have any questions, he helped me out, really cool guy 1-928-855-6341. He knew what I was doing and what parts I needed. I put another pic of the smog pump off on this thread a minute ago, your weber should have came with the front block off plate and brass barbed male end that threads into it, you'll need to get the rear block off plate from LCE.

Hope this helps

12. hilux dully

hilux dully Enthusiast

Truck:
    78 crewcab dually and 73 hilux
    i was wondering where did you moce the clutch master to? im getin ready to bag mine and i see every body is moving the but dont know where to

13. ghettoyde

ghettoyde Enthusiast

My clutch master is still in the stock location next to brake booster

14. not forgotten

not forgotten Addict

Truck:
    82 SR5 L/B
    Mine is in the stock location too, except my clutch resoiver got moved behind the dash, I want it back in the stock location some day, its a pain to access and fill when needed.

15. jdbragg

jdbragg Enthusiast

Man I love this truck sooo much!

Best looking one on bags period.

16. ghettoyde

ghettoyde Enthusiast

Thanks man! That's really nice of you to say

17. ghettoyde

ghettoyde Enthusiast

So I drove the beast for the 1st time in a few months. Went to the wrecking yard and got a nice bench seat for it. Snapped a pic. Here it is
    [​IMG]

18. yankeetaco72

yankeetaco72 Veteran

Truck:
    82 short /97 Tacoma
    Man thats looking sweet.. I need a bench seat too its the only thing left to finish my interior build..

19. hood

hood Enthusiast

Truck:
    1982 Toyota Pickup, 1994 Toyota Hilux
    Awesome, looks really sweet

20. ghettoyde

ghettoyde Enthusiast

Yeah since finding a nice shape original bench seat for one of these seems to be like impossible, I got a freshly re-upholstered bench seat out of a 90 Mazda B2200. Surprisingly it fits pretty much perfect