Clutch hardline line replacement options?

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by Henry, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Henry

Henry Enthusiast

Long story short, I need to swap the hardline from my parts truck to my '77. I'm not 100% sure if one of the fittings will end up leaking once everything in tightened down, but from the looks of one of them I'm not too hopeful.

What are my options here? Does anyone sell a steel braided line that is long enough to run from the clutch master to the slave or rubber line going to the slave?

Should I look into making my own with new hard line and a flaring tool?

2. fred heath

fred heath Addict

Truck:
    1978 Toyota Galavan Motorhome.
    There are brake lines available that are made from a copper compound. You can bend then by hand, no tube bender needed. They come with the ends attached. Just measure you old line and get one that’s slightly longer. You can always coil or s shape the surplus. Most auto parts store have them. More expensive than steel, but way easier to install. You don’t want to reuse old brake lines. Buy new!!

3. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Yea dude just buy one of the predone sections at the auto parts store, cheap and easy.
    If you're handy you could always spend a little more and buy the flare tool, and a roll of brake line tubing from amazon with fittings and redo the lines as you go. Thats what i did

4. Henry

Henry Enthusiast

Thankfully I was able to clean up the threads a bit and made it work. I figured I could cut the end off and replace the fitting before I purchased a new line.

However I'd love to get the tools to redo all the lines and run them in a cleaner way.

5. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    I had great luck with the flare tool from Eastwood. Inexpensive but pretty well built and easy to use when you figure it out