Insurance for custom paint

Discussion in 'Exterior/Body' started by House O' Payne, Jul 11, 2018.

1. House O' Payne

House O' Payne Member

Truck:
    '92 std 4 cyl 22R
    I'm feeling kind of stupid right now because my 92 Toy pickup is in the paint shop getting a $5K paint job and I hadn't even thought about insurance coverage in the event my insurance (Geico) totals my truck from some accident due to Murphy's Law, as is often what they do for older vehicles.

I called Geico and they will not cover custom paint and suggested I get that covered "elsewhere". Even though I offered to pay whatever extra premiums are required to ensure an agreed upon converage for a worst case scenario (total of the vehicle) they don't allow coverage for paint—period!

Anybody know/recommend an insurance company that might cover my truck as a custom vehicle?

PS: I'm making my '92 like new and have already got new uphulstry, new shocks, custom wheels, new tires and an awesome $5K dark metallic green paint job with the truck bed Rhino lined. Now I just need to get it all covered with insurance....UGH!

2. Clay

Clay Member

Truck:
    93 Pickup
    House O' Payne likes this.
  3. House O' Payne

House O' Payne Member

Truck:
    '92 std 4 cyl 22R
  4. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    You will want to get it insured for value, & a lot of regular companies will do that.
    My truck is heavily modified ,a full custom truck, & I have that type of coverage though a hot rod oriented company ,Collector Car.

5. House O' Payne

House O' Payne Member

Truck:
    '92 std 4 cyl 22R

I just spoke with a rep from American National and they are going to get a quote worked up for me. They asked me how I heard of them and when I told them it was a Toyotamini's member they sounded very interested in this web site. Perhaps they'll advertise here?

Thanks again for the reference.

6. Clay

Clay Member

Truck:
    93 Pickup
    If you like their quote shoot me a PM and I'll give you my name for the reference; though I have no idea if they do anything for referrals.

7. House O' Payne

House O' Payne Member

Truck:
    '92 std 4 cyl 22R
    Actually they asked me for your name and I was a little puzzled as to why. I can tell them you referred me if you PM me with your name. I hope you get something for it...