Would you trade or sell a vehicle to get a Toyota Stout?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Perkolator, May 30, 2017.

1. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    Am I crazy for this?
    Even though I have too many projects, I still look at vehicles on CL because you never know. Well I contacted a guy selling a Toyota Stout that's in pretty decent condition...one of the trucks I've always wanted ever since I saw one. As much as I love my 75 Hilux and my 93 Pickup, I'd almost give up either one of them to have a Stout in my fleet....would you do it? Which would you give up? Kinda thinking the 93 is the one to go even though it's my best running truck right now, I kinda bought the 75 with intent to replace it someday once its fully the way I want it. There are more of them still on the road and I can always get another if I wanted one back again.
    Don't know anyone who's ever owned or driven a Stout...heck, most Toyota fans have never even heard of or seen one, lol.
    Thoughts?

2. Houa Thao

Houa Thao Enthusiast

Truck:
    91extracab
    If you do sell the 93 I might be interested since you are very close by.

3. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Id let go of the one that still needs to be smogged.

Theyre easier to come by than a stout too

4. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    Well I don't blame him but he emailed me back today and said he's changed his mind about selling it. If I had one I'd put it in my will to be an heirloom that can't be sold. Dang..... :(

HouaThao: You may have to be put on the waiting list for my truck, lol. A lot of people have expressed interest in it over the years and pretty much at least once per year a stranger in a parking lot asks about me selling it. Can't sell it until the Hilux is good enough to be a backup DD in emergency or when I need a truck at work (I commute 60 miles/day).

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  5. Houa Thao

Houa Thao Enthusiast

Truck:
    91extracab
    It was just a though. I know how it ist too. People have been asking me to buy mine too. 60 miles a day is not much. My commute is 150 miles round trip a day.

6. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    I don't think I'd survive a 150 mile/day commute. Are you putting that kind of mileage on an old Toyota? My DD is a Prius these days. I wish I could just body swap my Hilux onto it so I'm not driving a "Prius"...

jetas likes this.