Worldwide Toyota Prius sales crack 2-million mark,10-year anniversary celebration pla

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by NewsBot, Oct 8, 2010.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot Grand Toyotaholic

Filed under: Car Buying, Hybrid, Hatchback, Toyota

[​IMG]
    2010 Toyota Prius - Click above for high-res image gallery

The Toyota Prius, launched in Japan in 1997 and introduced in Europe, North America and other markets in 2000, is without a doubt the best-selling hybrid vehicle ever produced. With a market that spans more than 70 countries and regions, the Toyota Motor Company's economical hybrid is the most widely distributed gas-electric in this land (and just about every other one, too).

Selling at a rate of about 400,000 annual units worldwide, the Prius sits head-and-shoulders above any of its so-called competitors. All these sales mean you get to reach milestones now and again. Last month, the Prius reached another one, shattering the two-million sales mark worldwide. By the end of September, sales of the Prius stood at 2,012,000 and counting. You can hold back the applause for now, as the Prius' record-setting run is far from over. Oh, yeah, a congratulatory pat on the back is welcomed as we also celebrate ten years of Prius sales in the U.S. which takes place, appropriately enough, on 10.10.10. Hit the jump for more on the Prius' sales totals and plans for its ten-year anniversary celebration.
    Gallery: Review: 2010 Toyota Prius

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Photos copyright (C)2009 Sam Abuelsamid / AOL

[Source: Toyota]Continue reading Worldwide Toyota Prius sales crack 2-million mark,10-year anniversary celebration planned

Worldwide Toyota Prius sales crack 2-million mark,10-year anniversary celebration planned originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 08 Oct 2010 17:31:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

Read More...

2. eurofreak2002

eurofreak2002 Toyotaholic

Truck:
    80 STD SR5 LB, bagged! The new whip!
    Is there really that many lesbians and gays in the USA?? Guess I cant talk my track car used to be a miata but still

3. V8_TITAN

V8_TITAN Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 std cab
    lol.at least a miata is rwd and has piotential...

my moms civic gets 36mpg highway but at least i dont look like a fruit driving it !