wheel fitment

Discussion in 'Wheels/Tires' started by GrantH, Feb 24, 2008.

1. GrantH

GrantH Addict

Alright I am looking to buy some wheels and tires for the toyota and need some info. I have found ome 17x8's with 5 inch backspace....thinking it's not enough. Also, while I am looking online still, can I wearch for tacoma wheels for fitment, or am I needing to search for an earlier year? Most sites do not bring anything up at all for an 85 toyota. Were the hubs/greasecaps the same through out the years? If so, what years were they the same/different?

2. GrantH

GrantH Addict

well i ordered some wheels, 15 inch chrome with some either 195 or 205 50/15 i dont know what he threw on em, but its nothing major. i am going to throw some new tires on the stock mexi 14's when i get back ahead as well. these new small tires will hate the highway unless i get a 5 speed which i dont really plan on. i can throw the stockers back on to cruise to the show, and then throw the new wheels on, or just figure something out gear wise. who knows.

3. cEElint

cEElint Enthusiast

Truck:
    '91 Yota STD
    or get some slightly larger tires..

4. GrantH

GrantH Addict

would rather roll these, they just look right on the wheels imo. after googling the wheels and all i came to like the way they fit look. its a good bit of tire on the wheels, but they aren't balloons. Later on if I absolutely have to, I may. but its last resort as i like the look.