What did you do to your mini this week ?

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions' started by The Jewish Guy, May 22, 2013.

1. The Jewish Guy

The Jewish Guy Veteran

I thought it would be a good thread to start but I just didn't know where to post it.

So on here anyone can post what they did with their Mini or pickup this week..

On another forum unrelated to trucks I did this and it now has over 216 pages.

Some comments are like:

"I did some wiring, some fixing, and I could start the engine after more than 3 years sleeping at body shop..."

" Stripped and painted the rear backing plates..removed what was left of the old brake adjuster "locks" prepared the new ones to be welded on, cannot do much since the shop has been turned into "storage" for all the returning "children's" crap.. Rolling Eyes "

" Came home from work the other night and pulled into the garage. There was an extremely large presence of gas fumes, but I wasn't seeing anything. So I let the vert sit there until Tuesday afternoon, when I rolled it out to take a look and there was a large puddle of gas on the floor. Looked underneath at the gas line running from the tunnel and found that my hose had "worn out" and began leaking fuel. Off to the parts shop to get some new braided 5mm hose and replaced it. Got ready to take it for a spin, started backing out of the driveway and saw this huge trail of fuel. Get out, open the back and if the line from fuel pump to the carb, and boy was there a hole and it was shooting gas three feet out the back - and all inside the engine bay. Luckily, I didn't go anywhere at that point, because all I could imagine is a big ass fire blowing at my tail end. That particular line was fairly new, but I replaced it with some new line.

Morale of the story, check your fuel lines often. I'm just lucky that nothing caught on fire."

Let's see what comes about from doing creating this thread..

Zachariah
    The Jewish Guy

2. standardbyker88

standardbyker88 Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    78 lolux and an 89 ramcharger
    the off topic section has one similar called "today on my truck..."

3. The Jewish Guy

The Jewish Guy Veteran

I don't care much for off topics because ppl talk about useless banter like what they had for dinner or that they saw a bird in the sky just like twitter

4. NotAvailable

NotAvailable Addict

Truck:
    90 single cab bagged and bodied
    Um its in the off topic section but clearly states in the headline "today on my truck". Which is basically the same as this. Pretty sure no ones gna say they saw a bird in that section the main point is about what you did to your truck today.

5. kingtacoma951

kingtacoma951 Addict

Truck:
    88 SR5 Xtra Cab
    Hahahah that's true man...:D:D:D:D:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

6. MilehighHilux

MilehighHilux Enthusiast

Decided to ditch fuel injection and go carb. Just got my manifold and ordered all the delete plates from lce and a 32/36 can't wait to finally be running right and stop chasing stupid electrical issues
    Sold all of my fuel injection stuff for basically what I'm gonna pay for 5 speed swap and the carb setup good day

7. standardbyker88

Truck:
    I personally don't mind if there are two similar types of threads going. And good deal on the parts sales MilehighHilux. I did the same thing on my dodge ramcharger back in high school, sometimes EFI is just too complicated.

8. scrub88

scrub88 Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 toy short bed
    Yup carb I'd switch my camaro to carb if I didn't have to sell my kidneys to do it
    O2 sensors maf air meter. Check engine lights .aint nobody got time fo that !!

9. MilehighHilux

MilehighHilux Enthusiast

Seriously. Just tell me my water temp and if I have oil pressure and I'm good! All these wiring bugs just got me pissed off.. So I decided to say F it and put it up for sale. Guy picked it up withing a couple hours

10. Turbo Blow Through

Turbo Blow Through Addict

Truck:
    87 hilux
    One mans trash is another mans treasure!!!! Yeah couldn't keep the fuel injected four cylinder running so I swap out the four for a big block 390 with a big carb, now I'm planning on boosting that!!! Carbs on everything sept mamma's car

11. MilehighHilux

MilehighHilux Enthusiast

Yeah. We have a pretty nice off road scene up here so they need fel injection for rock crawling and so on

12. beyondspexj

beyondspexj Addict

Truck:
    85 Pickup
    nice!!!!:eek::waytogo:

13. Turbo Blow Through

Truck:
    87 hilux
    Thanks!! I think so too!!.

14. The Jewish Guy

The Jewish Guy Veteran

Hey Fellas... let's stay with the topic and leave the other stuff to a different thread.. Capisce ?

15. The Jewish Guy

The Jewish Guy Veteran

I wired up the cooling fan on my '93 Hilux

[​IMG]

16. standardbyker88

Truck:
    I put a chin spoiler and my roof rack back on the 78. Built door panels too.

17. Turbo Blow Through

Truck:
    87 hilux
    on topic i punished the sh/t out of my truck this weekend went to the local meets couldn't really run anyone thou, every time i would get into my boost the pull would scare my girl and she would tell me to let off. i should record her and put it on my youtube channel.

18. The Jewish Guy

The Jewish Guy Veteran

I had to redo the wiring job for my cooling fan because it was draining my battery
    So i got a professional that is truly a pro at this to rewire it.. the trigger comes from the actual ignition under the steering column because using the ignition coil personality plug can cause the personality plug to burn from the hot current running from the fan.. so here is the before and after pics:
    BEFORE
    [​IMG]
    AFTER
    [​IMG]

19. riceratyota

riceratyota Veteran

Truck:
    which one 77/78/79/81[r.i.p]82 sbrc driftbox, and a CeliLux/current daily= 79 sbrc [lil' blue]
    that looks like a pt cruiser fan if Im correct same one I used on mine do you have the low and high speed hooked up or just low or just high it looks like only one is wired in the pics

20. 93_Toy_Mini

93_Toy_Mini Addict

Truck:
    93 Reg Cab Pickup
    Reason why not to have similar threads is because you get a lot of repeat posts and if you put it in one spot, all the information is there. If you have a problem with what people are posting you can choose to ignore it or don't visit that thread. If everyone had a wild hair up their but about what "twitter" posts people put on here, we'd have a dozen threads too many. Frankly, I don't think I have ever seen anyone post anything about dinners or birds and if they do, so what? I'd rather see that then have a third or forth thread because someone couldn't find the information they were looking for in "today on my truck" because it was in this thread. So just so everyone knows, I'm thinking of having Mexican food for dinner tonight and I don't see any birds right now because it's extremely windy outside and I AM working on my truck this weekend. Now I have seen it... :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

This Thread--->:puke: