VIDEO: Chevy Traverse takes on Toyota Highlander inside and out

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by NewsBot, Jul 2, 2008.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot Grand Toyotaholic

Filed under: Videos, Crossovers/CUVs, Chevrolet, Toyota
    [​IMG]
    Click above for a gallery of high-res pics.

When the 2009 Chevy Traverse goes on sale in September, it will be the fourth, eight-passenger Lambda-based crossover to come from GM. The bow-tie CUV will carry the lowest starting MSRP of the quartet, and it will also carry the most power, with 288 hp and 270 lb.-ft. of torque, along with the highest towing capacity of 5,200 lbs.

Hit the jump to view several comparison videos that pit the Traverse against one of its main competitors, the Toyota Highlander. The first video is a walk-around of the Traverse to point out unique styling points, and from there it's all competition. We judge everything from the interior volume to the driving experience, and then take the two CUVs into uncharted territory -- the track. Enjoy!
    Gallery: First Drive: 2009 Chevrolet Traverse
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Continue reading VIDEO: Chevy Traverse takes on Toyota Highlander inside and out

Permalink | Email this | Comments
    [​IMG]</img>
    [​IMG]</img> [​IMG]</img>
    [​IMG]

Read More...

2. trap

trap Addict

Truck:
    92 pickup
    piece of shiet

I worked on a 2008 GMC version of this piece of garbage today... it took me atleast half a hour to find the battery (under the floor behind the passenger seat) and don't get me started on how completely unaccessible every single stereo component was. It was impossible to reach the fuse box without taking extra panels off and laying on your back. The ecm is mounted under the hood on the radiator support in the center just waiting to get smashed in and add 2000 extra dollars to the price of a accident...

and the most ridiculous thing was when I looked at the factory sticker price. $46,000 dollars fully equipped!! you could buy a escalade for that!! or a brand new FJ cruiser and a new corolla , you could buy A FLEET of old toyota pickups or a nice lifted truck, a motorcycle AND a sports car.