very first mod

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by eight7yota, Apr 10, 2010.

1. eight7yota

eight7yota Newbie

Truck:
    87 regular cab 4speed
    hello every one I joined the forum a few weeks ago. I just wanted to share with you guys my very first real mod. today I went to the junk yard to see what I could get my hands on for this little gem. First I had pulled some very mint seats from a 92 GTS corolla they were blue went very nice with the inerior. when I brought them up to the front I went back to look for some other stuff, and I came across these babies:D so I took these out, and ended up taking these home instead.
    I got home, and started on the passengers side I managed to secure it very nice, but I think it might need to be raised a bit from the front right hand corner. the drivers is electric so I have to make that work as well
    these are from a 91 Lexus ES.
    well enough talking, and on to the pics.
    they are very dirty because of the pollen, but when I opened the car I got a wiff of new car smell :D
    [​IMG]

here I took the lexus seat belt thingy, and ran the toyota one through the plastic covering.
    [​IMG]

I'll get a pic of how it looks with the plastic over.
    I also made a hole on the belt to put the lexus bolt through the belt. that way it doesn't go down in there.
    [​IMG]

more pictures to come when they are all nice, and clean :D

2. Evolmotorsports

Evolmotorsports Veteran

Truck:
    1987 RN50 Hilux
    dont leave the headrests off if you get rearended your head will go through the back window.:waytogo:

3. Raffaelli

Raffaelli Toyotaholic

Truck:
    82 Longbed 2WD
    Congrats! There is a plethora of things/mods that can come out of the junkyard. Jusk ask.

And that seat looks sharp there! :waytogo: Anything Lexxus is badass.

For some reason my seat leans too, to the inside. Both my SR5 buckets and RX7 seats.

4. planemos

planemos Toyotaholic

Truck:
    92 2wd Xtra-Cab,98 2wd Xtra-Cab, 1988 Toyota Supra turbo
    Nice find. Those seats make the truck seem so much newer!

5. dwnshfter

dwnshfter Member

Look good man ;)

6. eight7yota

eight7yota Newbie

Truck:
    87 regular cab 4speed
    oh no way. I love the way the headrests look, and they have that thing where you can angle them. I dont know what its called.
    yeah Im not sure I think im gonna stick in a larger bolt, and stick acouple of washers in between the seat, and the floor.

next is dash, I really need a dash, but im trying to find one from a 4runner.
    I want the one with the inclinometer thingy so I can install a GPS or make a mount for the itouch.
    does anyone know if the ebay carpets are any good?

7. eight7yota

eight7yota Newbie

Truck:
    87 regular cab 4speed
    More work today completed the drivers side. I decided to cut the metal piece where the original holes are, not sure how smart of an idea that was, but I like the way the seat sits now, but being short its not as great :(
    [​IMG]

this is what happens to intruders.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

:D

I will take pictures tomorrow of how the drivers seat looks
    all I have left is run the wire that powers the seat from the battery. I had to leave it fixed for the time being.

8. eight7yota

eight7yota Newbie

Truck:
    87 regular cab 4speed
    sorry it has taken so long to update, been really busy with other things, but I have a few new things I will take some pics later when I get home
    so far I have
    rearview mirror with light
    new glove box (gray)
    visors
    outer window trim pieces
    windshield trim pieces
    new air vents (gray)

I also have a NOOB question I didn't want to make a new thread so I thought I would ask here
    I would like to install an A/C system in this truck, but I don't know exactly what I need. if anyone would be kind enough to make me a list of exactly what I need I will greatly appreciate it.
    how difficult is this? ,and will parts from newer trucks or 4runners fit?
    thans everyone in advance for any help.