upgraded clutch master cylinder?????

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by toytruk, Aug 4, 2011.

1. toytruk

toytruk Enthusiast

Truck:
    92 xcab
    is there such a thing as a clutch master cylinder that i can bolt on to my 92 2wd that will give me more travel of the master cylinder, and more volume? so it would give me a longer stroke?

basically my clutch pedal i find i have to push all the way to the ground for the tranny to shift smoothly....

ive already adjusted the pedal height but it cant go any more...

i a also running a r154 supra tranny for those of you that dont know...

checked my clutch fluid, it looks a little dark, almost coffee color... that could be the cup seals are degrading...

so is there a bigger volume clutch master with more travel i can get?? thanks!!!!!!

2. dillinja666

dillinja666 Toyotaholic

Truck:
    I gots no truck, for now
    do you have the slave for the r154 or the slave off the w56? that could be whats effecting your shift quality.

i dont know if the w56 bolts to the r154, but if ya did the swap, i would think it would need the same slave for the trans. If you did swap it then maybe try getting a master from the supra you got the 154 from, maybe the master for the w56 doesnt have enough displacement for the r154 slave.

isnt swapping stuff fun?

3. toytruk

toytruk Enthusiast

Truck:
    92 xcab
    i have the slave from the r154... apparently alot of toyotas similar have the same bore size from what i have searched 5/8"

swapping is fun but a pain in the ass lol it never stops haha

is the clutch fluid supposed to get so dark? i have only put around 7k km's on the swap with new fluid...

4. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    My solution to this same issue was to use a clutch rod from a pre 79 with the tall nut off of the adjuster for the e brake welded up and ground down smooth. That allowed me about 3/8" of adjustment down at the slave itself so everything is perfect now :D

5. dillinja666

dillinja666 Toyotaholic

Truck:
    I gots no truck, for now
    kinda depends, how long has it been in the system, if its only 7k km but 3 years....well there ya go. I wouldnt worry about it until it comes black black or starts leaking.

did you search for master sizes? i wonder if the master is bigger on the supra to make the clutch fork go farther. Also on my r154, it doesnt shift nearly as nice as my w58, just the nature of the beast.

6. kamesama980

kamesama980 Addict

Truck:
    91 Base
    the mk3 supra uses the same bore master for both the W58 and R154 slave.
    the W58 and R154 slaves are totally different and not interchangeable.

The dark fluid is the key here, bad fluid, bad lines, degraded cup seals. all together and that's it. getting a bigger bore master cylinder is just a band aid on the problem, not a fix

7. thundering02

thundering02 Addict

I've replaced various hydraulics at over 30k where the fluid still looked pretty close to new... It is possible you have a bad line / master.

8. toytruk

toytruk Enthusiast

Truck:
    92 xcab
    yeah the line is a brand new SS custom line... so i will try and change the master cyclinder first.... do you guys recomend i just get the truck master or get the supra master... they the same bore size anyways right?

9. dillinja666

dillinja666 Toyotaholic

Truck:
    I gots no truck, for now
    same bore, might as well do the truck one incase the boosters are different making the rod length different just to be safe.

good luck

rockauto has em cheap and ships fast