Truck Norris build

Discussion in '1984-1988 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by Konrad Komuniecki, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Konrad Komuniecki

Konrad Komuniecki Newbie

Truck:
    86 RN50 2WD
    First off, I'm a Land Cruiser guy, having just restored an FJ62 and working on a diesel BJ42 currently. Found this truck by accident on Craigslist and bought it for a song. I just needed it for some dump runs while renovating my house and while the Cruiser was down, but somehow it totally grew on me and this community gave me some ideas.

When I bought it it was gross...smoked in, never washed and beat to crap. I first gave it a big cleaning by taking out the interior/vents/rubber floor and steam cleaning and utilizing an ozone machine. Underneath the filth was a really good interior that was all original, uncracked dash and an amazing 91,000 km (56,000 original miles).

IMG_4461.jpg

2. Konrad Komuniecki

Konrad Komuniecki Newbie

Truck:
    86 RN50 2WD
    I did a full maintenance on this thing, including fluid flushes, oil and gear changes, installed a rear sliding window, rack and painting the wheels white to match tailgate lettering. I also built and installed a full hitch including a brake controller for my 5x10 aluminum trailer. Next up, I've got some shocks and more engine detailing to do. I may weld up the box sides too as i've got some paint mixed. Plan is to keep it as a work truck and maybe do a slight drop. I've also got a line on a 5 spd and a tilt and power steering but I'm enjoying this thing.

IMG_8935.jpg

IMG_9025.jpg

3. MrDinkleman

MrDinkleman Addict

Truck:
    1988 standard cab, long bed
    Truck... Norris... hmmmm... Truck... Norris... hmmmmm...

Oh! Truck Norris! LOL Thanks for the... "CHUCKle"...

4. Konrad Komuniecki

Konrad Komuniecki Newbie

Truck:
    86 RN50 2WD
    It's a bruiser. Dad humor.