Toyota adds 5-door Yaris to U.S. lineup

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by NewsBot, Jul 1, 2008.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot Grand Toyotaholic

Filed under: Car Buying, Economy, Hatchbacks, Toyota
    [​IMG]
    Click above image for a gallery of the Yaris 5-door

Small cars are back en vogue thanks to lofty fuel prices. As a result, Toyota is completing is Yaris lineup in the U.S. by finally adding the 5-door liftback to its list of offerings for the 2009 model year. Available in other markets (including Canada) since inception, the 5-door Yaris occupies roughly the same footprint as the 3-door, but is a lot more practical if you're going to be carrying backseat passengers frequently. Its powertrain will mirror the other Yaris offerings, and we're assuming it'll get the optional sport appearance package available on the 3- and 4-doors. Those sport models, by the way, get a new body kit and interior color schemes for MY09. Other '09 changes include the availability of cruise control on the hatch, as well as the addition of standard front side airbags and rear side curtains. Toyota hasn't released pricing or photos of the U.S. spec Yaris 5-door yet. We imagine the former won't stray too far off from the 3-door. In terms of photos, the gallery below shows you the base UK-market 5-door. Move the steering wheel over and you've pretty much got it. At least now when I catch the occasional episode of Psych, I won't be muttering that the blue 5-door Yaris the Santa Barbara-based lead characters drive isn't available in the U.S.

Gallery: Toyota Yaris 5-door Liftback (UK Version)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[Source: Toyota]
    Permalink | Email this | Comments
    [​IMG]</img>
    [​IMG]</img> [​IMG]</img>
    [​IMG]

Read More...

2. V8_TITAN

V8_TITAN Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 std cab
    nice car, we got my sister a sedan yaris for her bday last year