Tire and shock question

Discussion in 'Wheels/Tires' started by Nick F40, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Nick F40

Nick F40 Newbie

I have searched far and wide on here and the internet with no real answer or definite confirmation on what works and what doesn't. I have a 79 2wd, so, tires, I got some 15x8 0 offset wheels and was wondering what size you guys would recommend for a torsion drop and drop leafs and 3 inch blocks. I know 205/50 is a common size and cheap, but 225/45 fit more flush and is more suited for 8 inch wide but the options are kind of limited and more money. I just thought i'd see what you guys think would fit the best with the least amount of rubbing and having to pull fenders/run flares

Second, shocks, this I have yet to see an answer for. I know for the front, you want shorter shocks, 69 camaro fronts seem to be the good good. The rear, I already know you can run stock length with just blocks but leaf and block drops you need a shorter shock, so again, which ones are you guys using? I know monomaxs, bilsteins, gasajusts, doestch, toxic are the top ones, I was looking at monomaxs or gasajusts but that's the thing, no one says part numbers or describes which one they use! Which monomaxs? Which bilsteins? Etc.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019