Stout clutch master cylinder

Discussion in 'Maintenance/Repair' started by Rcksqrl, May 17, 2013.

1. Rcksqrl

Rcksqrl Enthusiast

Truck:
    '85 4Krawler, '67 Stout
    FYI-

Late 60's toyota landcruiser (fj40) clutch master cylinders are bolt in replacement for toyota stout. (At least the stout 1900 here in the states)

Figured it out as mine was leaking.... Looked at Picts and purchased on online. Just bolted it up an works great! So instead of rebuilding (which is what I seem to recall being told was the only option) you can get new!

2. whysmee

whysmee Enthusiast

Truck:
    62 toyopet and 76 toyota stout
    Many Toyota of the era had the same unit or piston size, I think the only difference is what side the hydraulic line threads in left or right hand drive or if it is centered on the end

3. Rcksqrl

Rcksqrl Enthusiast

Truck:
    '85 4Krawler, '67 Stout
    Most likely correct! USA versions (per toyota guru) there wasn't a replacement part. Was stoked to find out otherwise!
    Also found out the the fj40 emergency brake pads are the same (or real close) to the stout 1900. (Slight clearancing required, took 2 minutes)

4. whysmee

whysmee Enthusiast

Truck:
    62 toyopet and 76 toyota stout
    Ebay.com.au often has parts that fit stout, just be mindful that the US only version RK41 is known as a lite stout as general rule of thumb the stout "full" has leaf front springs with beam axle and shares parts with the 40 series cruisers toyoace/dyna

5. Subscan

Subscan Member

Truck:
    Stout 1967
    good info ..thanks guys

6. blindlemon77

blindlemon77 Newbie

Truck:
    '66 Stout
    There are some minor differences on some of the ones i have seen for sale despite being all listed under the same name/year/modle, i did the same replacement. Just make sure there is a picture of the product and it matches the one you are replacing and you will be set.