Starion/Conquest ( REFINISHED )Wheels & Brand New Tires

Discussion in 'Wheels and Tires' started by KERTWOOD, Feb 23, 2014.

1. KERTWOOD

KERTWOOD Enthusiast

Truck:
    92 Street Truck
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Click images for bigger picture ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Here I have a set of hard to find 8J x 16 -10 Starion/Conquest wheels & tires for sale. All four of these wheels are the REARS. I've repaired the curb rash as good as I could, aircraft stripped and acid washed. Then I sandblasted the lug holes and hand sanded from 220 to 2000 the barrel and faces removing 90% of defects. Next I painted them in a dark gun metal gray metallic ( Base/Clear ) front and back. Afterwards I machine polished to a Chrome finish. To finish them off, I wrapped them in Falken 205/40/16 912's ( all wheels balanced out to zero ) with racing aluminum valve stems.

You can check out some of the wheel refinishing work in my build thread. http://www.toyotaminis.com/forum/build-up-project-threads-25/simple-green-15968/

The wheels and tires have yet to see any pavement after the refinishing process.

These are definitely 2 footers. They still have some imperfections from the last 20+ years and are missing the center caps ( I know where to purchase caps brand new ) so no biggie.

You might say that's a hefty price but take into account the Labor, Material, New Tires, Time spent searching for 4 16x8's and the cost of Wheels. It adds up super quick. I've got more invested than what I'm asking but we all know how that goes.

Price - $975 + shipping if necessary . Prefer local pickup but will ship. NOTE: The shipping cost is very expensive going across country for tires and wheels.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  2. nachizzle

nachizzle Member

Truck:
    88 2wd pickup
    Your wheels look great good luck with the sale.

3. Cade01

Cade01 Veteran

Truck:
    1973 Toyota Hilux
    I will say that is a hefty price, I just missed a set for $300 with brand new Toyo's. Are you saying your labor is worth $675? I didn't think these were super rare, just all the 240 guys buy them up.

4. KERTWOOD

KERTWOOD Enthusiast

Truck:
    92 Street Truck

.. Don't know about where your from but over here in the real world Brand New tires alone are $300.. Then the cost Mounting and balancing. Not to mention all 4 of these are Rears + 2 fronts included in the price. I bought one set (two 8's and two 7's ) for $250 w/ bad tires and then the other two Rears for $150. My math calculates that to be $700..

Now lets add the low Price of $100 a wheel for labor to refinish. That brings us up to $1100. Last but not least the paint and I'm not talking about rattle can either. Base coat w/ 3 coats of quality clear then baked to cure. Feel free to call a body/paint shop for that $ price quote. Oh, I almost forgot to Include the aluminum valve stems. That's a small $20 but my point is, it adds up quick.

So basically, It's a fair deal for a Super nice ready to ride set of Starions. I'm not asking no where near what I got in'em.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  5. Houa Thao

Houa Thao Enthusiast

Truck:
    91extracab
    So the deal is 4 16x8 w/tires and 2 16x7? If that is correct, it is a very good deal. Too bad it is on the other side if the states.

6. KERTWOOD

KERTWOOD Enthusiast

Truck:
    92 Street Truck
    That's the deal. A total of six wheels. Thanks for the comment and letting the ones who don't know, know.

Sorry for not listing the two 7's in the above listing. I thought I did. My mistake.

7. Houa Thao

Houa Thao Enthusiast

Truck:
    91extracab
    Thats a lot of work to get them shining. Wish I have the time and skills. Last time I tried some, I gave up after sanding and sold them.

8. SD YOTA

SD YOTA Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    2000 Toyota Tacoma 2wd
    this a very well worth price for the combo. and you can see how well they shine. i think i also thought you were just including 4 wheels, not 6.

someone can run these, then make a trailer with the spares lol

9. KERTWOOD

KERTWOOD Enthusiast

Truck:
    92 Street Truck
    :waytogo: There you have it people. Coming from one of the most recognized builders in here.

All in All If they sell, great. I'll buy some larger wheels and probably regret letting them go. If they don't. I'm gonna ride the **** out of them. Either way, It's a win win situation.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  10. Houa Thao

Houa Thao Enthusiast

Truck:
    91extracab
    just curious, what is the offset or backspacine off the 16x7?

11. KERTWOOD

KERTWOOD Enthusiast

Truck:
    92 Street Truck
    I couldn't tell you man. Sorry.. I just got back from selling them. I'm sure someone else can chime in on the question

SOLD SOLD SOLD!

12. beyondspexj

beyondspexj Addict

Truck:
    85 Pickup
    The 16x7 has a +8 offset.