seen this on ssm

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by burnzya, Jan 30, 2011.

1. burnzya

burnzya Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    bodied 73 hilux
    thought i'd post it up here for peeps to send an e-card as well.

Trucks Forum - MiniTruckin General | Quick favor for a little minitrucker.... - Page 1

Hey guys, quick synopsis...
    I've been hanging in the hospital with my son since Thursday getting treatment for what we finally found out was a severe case of Crohn's disease. We've been battling severe weight loss, lower G.I. issues, vomiting, a ton of other digestive tract issues for a while now. It took almost 2 months, a slew of blood, urine and stool tests, a CT scan, and finally an inpatient stay, to figure out wtf was going on. While the disease itself is managable, the massive weight loss and malnutrion caused by the Crohns was a serious concern (10 years old, has lost 15 lbs since july, went from 74 to 59, 7 lb loss since beginning of Jan) so he's plugged into IV nutrition and a slew of meds just to get his stomach, intestines and esophagus back to normal.

At any rate, he's in Mary Bridge Childrens Hospital in Tacoma, WA. He's going to be here for at least the next week. They've got a cheer card program, so you can log on and send over get well cards via the interwebz, and he would love to just get a pile of them....

Here's the link... MultiCare > Cheer Cards

His name is Sean Millard, room K569

Thanks in advance

2. V8_TITAN

V8_TITAN Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 std cab
    poor kid man, is that disease something you get over ?

3. B.Y.E.

B.Y.E. Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1982 2wd Hilux
    Done!

Thanks for posting, cool stuff to keep the kids motivated when in time of need man. :waytogo:

4. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    Also done!:cool:

5. low_blazer

low_blazer Newbie

Well, first off, I want to say thanks. It's pretty cool that this thing has migrated over here...it's good to see good vibes go viral on the web :)

My wife and I were reading off the cards to my son today and I saw some come through from ToyotaMinis, so I figured I would pop over and say thanks. We wound up with 177 care cards this morning...lol...with more to come I'm sure. All the well wishes are much apreciated.

And, for what it's worth I drive a Toyota as a daily...not quite a mini, but mostly. '96 T100, 4cyl, 5 spd...she's a mini in a full size body..lol.