Section for later model rides?

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions' started by stabdd, Feb 4, 2015.

1. stabdd

stabdd Member

Truck:
    2004 Hilux, Single cab Long bed 3RZ-FE (taco)
    Sup, Hey I am putting together a heap of pics and info about my 2004 hilux and whats happened to it over all these years... just not sure where to post it up!

I was hoping to avoid having an admin rolling their eyes at my post placement!

So I guess the suggestion is maybe a new section... ?

I thought I had a good look around the site, so if I have missed the board I'm looking for can I get a heads up!?!

2. justaguy

justaguy Member

Truck:
    75 hilux, 84 xtra cab, 86 1 ton, 87 xtra cab 4x4
    This site is mostly dedicated to the older pre "Tacoma" minis. I would try maybe off-topic? That's a sweet looking truck you have there, I love the bed, wish they did them like that here in the states. Check out customtacos.com I've not been on their site much, but it seems to be fairly active, and have heard it mentioned from time to time on here.

3. Xs5875

Xs5875 Addict

Truck:
    1994 Standard cab 22re 5 spd
    Facebook is killing all forums...and the guy who runs alot of these that can change things around , "Jeff", is like "Seth" from Twisted Minis...

4. Litneon

Litneon Super Moderator Staff Member

Truck:
    94 xtra cab
    Jeff is like Seth?

5. Xs5875

Xs5875 Addict

Truck:
    1994 Standard cab 22re 5 spd
    Yeah, never shows his face around the forums anymore...and everyone knows him. Or refers to him but he/she has disappeared from the face of the earth.

6. Robert m

Robert m Addict

Truck:
    '94 single cab, 22re, 5spd
  7. stabdd

stabdd Member

Truck:
    So, it sounds like we need to employ a hacker, or someone to steal the key's to this thing lol, never really been into facebook, too much crap to troll through when you actually want some real info about something, I like the more traditional feel of this site!

@Justaguy cheers, I have looked over there... a little too heavy on the 4x4's and lifting for my taste!

8. Litneon

Truck:
    94 xtra cab
    I still talk to Jeff on occasion.

The thing is, he wasn't ever really active here, so if you think he was, you are mistaken. Look at his post count.

Jeff made this forum for us. The forum is called Toyota Minis, not Tacoma Territory, which I believe he also owns. While I love all Toyota trucks, and there are plenty of good guys here with Taco's (heck, I even owned one for a long time), this forum is what it is... Pre '95.

We'd love to see your truck build, for the time being, it can go in the Off Topic section. I can address this subject with Jeff again, but we've already talked about it a few times. At this point, I consider ourselves lucky to have a site of our own at all. There is a ton of valuable info and experience here.

9. stabdd

stabdd Member

Truck:
    No darma's mate, I hope I'm not coming across as one to be seen 'demanding change' or anything like that.. I like the site the way it is! and you are right, there is a wealth of great info and ideas here already!

I will post up my build and info in the forum board you have suggested! cheers!

I guess I will close with this, (and again not trying to have a whine or stir anthing/one up, just think it's a valid point to state, and my opinion alone) My truck is an Australian delivered 'Hilux' not taco technically (they are some differences), it runs practically the same chassis as a 92, they are the same until the 2005 here in Aus when they came out with the new shape, and the v6 engine... side by side a comparison between a single cab long bed 94 to a 2004 they are practically the same truck, even down to the nuts and bolts!

"Toyota mini's" "Forum Dedicated to Toyota Stout, Hilux, and Pickup Owners"

10. twizted1

twizted1 Addict

Truck:
    '89 xcab 2wd
    your truck does appear be more closely related to what we call tacoma here...but
    post up pics and details of what you have done...we all love toyotas around here and seeing pics!! begining, during and at the moment pics...

11. Litneon

Truck:
    94 xtra cab
    If it's a third Gen pickup, post it up in the 89-95 forum. The year doesn't matter if it's the same chassis and frame. It's the same knowledge either way.

Let me do some research, I may be learning something new here. The only confusion will come from the Taco guys here thinking that they might belong in that section. Which wouldn't really be a bad thing, but again, it's getting into the mid sized pickups.

I look forward to seeing your build.