Second fuel tank

Discussion in '1989-1995 Pickup Discussion' started by ancientgrubs, May 15, 2020.

Tags:
  1. ancientgrubs

ancientgrubs Newbie

Hi Folks!

I have a ute that needs additional fuel range and redundancy.

The ute is a 1995 Hilux US model with a passenger fuel tank. Build date Jan 1995

83000 original miles.

Extended Cab. 4wd.

Stock bed is gone.

---The exhaust is rerouted under the cab to a snorkel that goes up behind driver side cab corner for fording.

---This leaves the bed underside available for the second tank.

---Tank must be mounted in between axles. Aft of axle will change weight distribution.

---Canopy is being mounted along with hitch receiver platform. Weight is going to be saved for that.

*I require efi fuel pump redundancy. *

---I can mix and match any manufacturer, as long as line pressures are right for the EFI.

*Toyota parts preferred.*
    ---I already have a system selected for tank switchover and gauges. Valves come from the Biodiesel community. They have amazing 3 way viton seal valves with threaded ports that are designed for heavy usage and oils.. NO FSVK-1 fuel valve bullshit.

I design circuits for my job. I am designing the control systems for the pump and gauges with LTspice.

I am keeping emissions equipment systems.

Based on the preceding parameters, I need brainstorming about what fuel tanks fit in that position.

Once I have the information I need, I will create a write-up with the build for the community.

Thank you!

Erwin Merida likes this.