seatbelts in an Xtra cab

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by Super Stock, Oct 27, 2021.

1. Super Stock

Super Stock Newbie

Hey all. Wondering if the seatbelts from the rear of an Xtra cab can be used in the front. The rear ones are never used, and the front retractor is worn. Thinkin' of swapping 'em. Interior is blue, and I don't see too many of these in the junk yards. Willing to just buy a new one otherwise.

2. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    IIRC the rear belts are not retractable, so no I don't think they'll work. I had the same issue with weak return springs and bought replacement seatbelts for my 93 off eBay, out of a low mileage parts truck. I don't know if it's even possible to replace the spring coil inside the belt assembly, it'd be like trying to take apart a tape measure - I don't recommend trying it, lol

3. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    LEXXXI - angry '93 ShortBed
    You can always just spray paint the replacements..lmao. might come out tacky tho.. I've seen carpet get spray painted to look new..

4. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    I dunno if I'd paint/dye the belts, I'd assume at some point it may transfer to your clothing. New replacement belts are an option too, but they're quite expensive...but then they're kinda the only safety device in our older trucks

Erwin Merida likes this.