Seat upgrade

Discussion in 'Maintenance/Repair' started by fred heath, Apr 2, 2023.

1. fred heath

fred heath Addict

Truck:
    1978 Toyota Galavan Motorhome.
    What is available in bucket seats that will fit into a 1978 cab with minimum alterations?
    My current seats need replacement. Prefer something comfortable as I take many long distance trips. Thanks, Fred

2. Pearce

Pearce Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1973 hilux
    I've seen guys say in later generation trucks you can get stuff like corolla seats in. When I put the is300 seats in I was only able to get one bolt in on the front. The other lined up with a hole but no threads. The mods to fully bolt it in won't be bad but is a good bit of work. I would find a toyota seat you think is comfortable and look into the mounting. I'll add you might find whatever you put in more comfortable in the truck then what it came out of. My seats felt alright in the car but in the truck it kicked up the front a little and totally changed the feeling.

fred heath likes this.
  3. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    LEXXXI - angry '93 ShortBed
    Try out some sr5 seats from a runner.

fred heath likes this.
  4. fred heath

fred heath Addict

Truck:
    Found some that will work. All the pick&pulls around me are getting $250-$300 for used buckets. Might as well pull the trigger on these. I should be able to adapt my mounts to the new seats.

2PCS Racing Seats, Universal PVC Leather Bucket Seats Sport Pair Adjustable Seats with Sliders (Black & Beige/Tan Brown) https://a.co/d/0Hm9LEx

Erwin Merida likes this.
  5. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    Wow those look great for the price! I didn't see any long-term reviews though and people are putting them into cars like Corvettes...but I also see several "you get what you pay for" reviews. Personally I don't think they fit the aesthetic of our classics though, but it's your rig not mine so go for it! :headbang:

6. fred heath

fred heath Addict

Truck:
    (434) 4-5 star reviews. My rig is a camper with a walkthrough. So not really concerned with keeping the “classic” look. For the $ it’s worth a try. Way better than what’s there now.

I’ll do a build thread when I start the installation.

7. Pearce

Pearce Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1973 hilux
    Those will be on the stiffer side. 250 from the wrecker is a little high but oem seats have a good bit more research and development into them.

They look good and the simple slider will make coming up with mounting easy. I always wanted to do the dark tan in mine.

8. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    LEXXXI - angry '93 ShortBed
    I like those. Really interested on how these work out.. they would look great on my mr2. Lol

9. fred heath

fred heath Addict

Truck:
    Found these also. So for about a little over $400 bucks total, I won’t have to deal with the Toyota bolt placement on my floor pans.

This is about as “plug & play” as I can get. The front channel the factory seat bolts to is a little rusted. I think this would be a stronger setup all around.

Speedway Motors Bucket Seat Frame Mount Bracket, Features Welded Steel Frame and Black Painted Finish, Compatible with Most Applications, May Require Some Modification https://a.co/d/ap11oS9

Last edited: Apr 14, 2023
    Erwin Merida likes this.