Replacement Windshield

Discussion in 'Exterior/Body' started by Roland Deschain, Sep 30, 2021.

1. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain Enthusiast

So having a new windshield installed next weekend at Safelite. I tried live chatting with them online but never really got a satisfactory answer. I see a lot of folks saying their replacement glass is glued in and not using the OE gasket anymore. I tried asking that question a couple of times because I’m not sure I want to reuse the chrome trim but all they would say is that they don’t reuse any parts and the “molding” would be replaced. I’m going to try and see if there is a local number I can call.

2. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    LEXXXI - angry '93 ShortBed
    Interesting..

3. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    You don't say what year your truck is?
    I had my 88 Extra cab replaced a few times, the stock stainless trim pieces always went back. And I always use Safelite.

4. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain Enthusiast

It’s a 1994 model, Safelite is the vendor I’m using. I called again and spoke to another rep and told him very plainly it does have the chrome trim. The only thing I feel sure about is they will be installing a new gasket, he also said they don’t reuse any parts. That can’t mean trim but anyway it has to be done this things is so blasted from sand and chips you can hardly drive it at night.