Regional Specific Categories

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions' started by ResidentG33k, Mar 24, 2012.

1. ResidentG33k

ResidentG33k Enthusiast

Truck:
    88' 22R 2WD Single Cab
    I was thinking you guys should do regional section. For posters to start threads in that specific region, especially the for sale area and for meet ups so they're region specific. Also in the current for sale section new guidelines should be made for titles when listing items...

Such as

"WTS - 1991 Toyota Pickup 2WD 22RE - West Covina, CA"

This way we know what they're selling and where they're located.

Just a suggestion. Thanks, Steve. :)

2. ResidentG33k

ResidentG33k Enthusiast

Truck:
    88' 22R 2WD Single Cab
    For Sale Mockup

Thread Title should be quick to read but identify what you're selling
    Body Content

3. Under Construction '93

Under Construction '93 Addict

Truck:
    1993 Std Pickup
    Not a bad idea at all I'd say.

4. JojoAW11

JojoAW11 Member

Truck:
    86 regular cab
    Agreed. So did anyone start this?
    There should be a regional section anyways. The for sale section can branch off of it. This way we can network with other local enthusiasts to grow the toyota mini truck community, have meets, generate business at great vendors and shops. I'm still trying to get recommendations for doing a1uz swap...

I'm in northern california, we can have a central, and southern a well...just my 2 cents...

5. ResidentG33k

ResidentG33k Enthusiast

Truck:
    88' 22R 2WD Single Cab
    Bump! This is a great idea, why hasnt this been implemented yet?

6. JojoAW11

JojoAW11 Member

Truck:
    86 regular cab
    I think the moderators fell asleep at the wheel...:verdict_in: so we start it ourselves right?!

7. debshusband123

debshusband123 Newbie

Great Idea,I cannot find any Toyotas For Sale On the East Coast. I live in North Carolina.

8. Immoreradthanu

Immoreradthanu Enthusiast

Truck:
    79 long bed
    I think this would be awesome for meets! And talking to people that can potentially help people since some of idiots don't understand things in text form!!! I would love to meet some more local toyota guys up here. Get some wrenching buddies!!! As for the for sale part i honestly just look around on craigslist. With the amount of members thrown all over the u.s. your gonna get very little posts in your area. You'd be better off using craigslist. I feel the only area that would potentially benefit from this would be the socal area since there seems to be a plethora of those dudes! And i mean if people were selling smaller parts they can always ship that stuff wherever so. But yes please start area specific sections!!!

9. Bradthreee

Bradthreee Enthusiast

Truck:
    1990 xcab
    Great idea!

10. Barret S

Barret S Veteran

Truck:
    86 Standard cab 2wd
    I agree! It would be nice to know and talk to the guys around here in the South.

11. JojoAW11

JojoAW11 Member

Truck:
    86 regular cab
    Good to see support on this idea! If you look in the introduce yourself section, ResidentG33k and I each started our Regional Introduce yourself thread, his is based our of Socal and mine out of Nor Cal.

The idea is, if we get enough members to start their own Regional Thread, maybe the moderators will get a clue...take a look at some of the posts, in the NorCal we have already had updates on some mini meets, and contacts made for some wrenching sessions. And couple situations where members are finding locals blocks away from each other, me included!

Regional definitely has it's benefits and in the NorCal it's starting to come together...

Start one for your area!

12. debshusband

debshusband Newbie

Why are there not any pre 1990s trucks for sale on the East Coast.Just a thought.

13. standardbyker88

standardbyker88 Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    78 lolux and an 89 ramcharger
    The down side I see is finding what the groups and areas will be. Should Cali really have 3 sections where as most of the east coast would have 1 or 2? If we had 50 areas people may not look trough it all. Good idea if we work out the bugs. I have wishes the events section was broke down to area better. And maybe coming and past events.

14. Aircooled

Aircooled Member

Truck:
    81 Pickup, 83 Pickup
    Any movement on this? I think this would very helpful especially with new people coming into the scene like myself. I would love to know any meets happening in or around the midwest or people that reside in this area. I'm part of other threads that split it up by East Coast, West coast, Midwest doesn't have to be too specific but even just general areas would be helpful.

15. Litneon

Litneon Super Moderator Staff Member

Truck:
    94 xtra cab
    How 'bout you fellas just do what was suggested in the events section or the for sale section? No?

I have approached Jeff about making new sections before. His belief is that we should keep the forum as simple as possible for various reasons. After talking with him, I too hold the belief that simple is better.