Power windows 93 pickup

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by Rigo Verduzco, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Rigo Verduzco

Rigo Verduzco Newbie

Hello everyone,

Quick question have a 1993 toyota pickup with manual windows and found a 1990 toyota pickup with factory power windows...was wondering if it would be a quick plug and play or would I be cutting and soldering wire?

2. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    You will have to remove all the power window stuff, window regulators, switches, the timer & the main fuse box,as it has circuit breakers for the power windows & power locks.
    I did some what the same thing with my 88 Extra Cab, which had wing windows, I took the complete doors off same year 4 Runner.

Rigo Verduzco likes this.
  3. Rigo Verduzco

Rigo Verduzco Newbie

I'm going to buy both doors with everything...so I would also need the main fuse box? Where is it located?

4. Rigo Verduzco

Rigo Verduzco Newbie

Also don't know what you mean by timer

5. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    They have a timer that keeps power to the window switches for a short time after the ignition is turned off,it is part of the wiring.
    Find a wiring diagram for the year the parts are coming off of,it will show the locations of all you need. The fuse box should be behind the drivers side kick panel
    I used all from a time than changed the switches too back lighted after market ones & no timer as rewired all

6. flacostaco

flacostaco Toyotaholic

Truck:
    87 pickup
    its under the driver kickpannel and the wiring from one side to the other going underneath the dash and shpild also get the power locks stuff while you are there if its all factory parts

7. Rigo Verduzco

Rigo Verduzco Newbie

I have the sr5 edition but has manual doors..don't know if that helps, but I ended up buying the whole door with everything in it, didn't get the fuse box or the timer for it, guy said I can call him if I needed anything that he hold it for me if he still had them

8. Rigo Verduzco

Rigo Verduzco Newbie

Should I call him back to get the fuse box and the wiring? if he stillhas them...Thank you guy's for the help really appreciate