pls help new to the toy game..

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by ToYo828, Jun 6, 2011.

1. ToYo828

ToYo828 Newbie

Truck:
    1989 regular cab 22r
    hey guys i need some help just entered the toy game and i got a circle port exhaust head not the tear drop shape and i installed a 98 linkage chain and it worked fine untill this morning i started it and it just konked out didnt wanna start anymore so i took off my valve cover and took my frashlight to look inside the timing chain cover and all i saw was half of the chain snapped o i just pulled it out and i just got my truck regitered and insure but i guess i cant run it so if anyone can help me out with a frast break idea lmk thanks...im just planning on getting another 98 linkage chain and c wats up...lol

2. Nook

Nook Addict

Sounds to me like you used an early round exhaust port head on a late 22R laser block then tried to use the 98 link chain which is too long and the chain bound up and broke.
    Early 22R used a tall block, tall head configuration and a 98 link chain, Late 22R used a short block, short head setup and 96 link chain.
    If it was me I would be pulling it apart to check for other damage under the timing cover and get the right combo of parts before it went back together.
    Good luck

3. ToYo828

ToYo828 Newbie

Truck:
    1989 regular cab 22r
    wat if i was to get the head shaved down to the right specs for a 96 linkage damn building is expensive...lol