OMG i WANT THIS

Discussion in 'Exterior/Body' started by hawaiiysr, Mar 30, 2018.

1. hawaiiysr

hawaiiysr Member

Truck:
    93 single cab

was searching the site and came across some guys talking about this. the search box brought up some good treads but unfortunately the pics got the boot:(

2. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    4Runner hatch modified. Dope mod to do

Andrew Eclavea likes this.
  3. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    Nice. I always wanted to do an 80-series truck/ute body chop with a 3rd gen 4Runner rear window spliced on (because you keep the original lower tailgate on truck bed)

4. hawaiiysr

hawaiiysr Member

Truck:
    93 single cab
    i read that you lose 6-8" of interior space. im really curious about this. there is a 95 and 02 4runner being parted locally. im guessing which ever glass is flatter is the better one to go with. wish there was a bit more guidance.

5. hawaiiysr

hawaiiysr Member

Truck:
    93 single cab
  6. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    I’ve seen that build before, it’s a sweet upgrade

7. BatryOpratedBoy

BatryOpratedBoy Enthusiast

Truck:
    Brave Little Toaster (Diana) and Salsa Verde (Traction Control)
    Get after it! Make me proud. Just don't do that awkward contour match thing that the guy on Yotatech did. I love the idea but ultimately, not gonna happen for me.

8. mutantcolors

mutantcolors Enthusiast

If you've ever been behind the seat of an Xtracab, you'd recognize how much space he gave away.
    Look at the side panel, the speaker port is half covered up.

Sorta cool but no thanks.

9. hawaiiysr

hawaiiysr Member

Truck:
    93 single cab
    im going to the junk yard tomorrow to at that 4runner i been pulling parts off of. id really like to do this but if i have to give up alot of space its a no go. my truck is a single cab and my seats are already all the way back. it looks like the extra space needed is below the head rest so i have some hope. fingers crossed. kinda. its a lot of work. but whatever, the cost of being cool.

10. Orlando Muniz

Orlando Muniz Veteran

Truck:
    89 Toyota Pickup
    been wanting to do this, but this looks like a shit ton of fab work and you will lose alot of space.

11. hawaiiysr

hawaiiysr Member

Truck:
    93 single cab
    i have since went back to the yard a few times to grab more parts for my toy and GM.

the 4runner i have been pulling parts from is a 95 with tail gate style rear hatch. if i did it with this 4runner i would have to cut off the metal around the glass. this would greatly add to the fab work. i feel the 96 style 4runners with the complete one piece back door would greatly cut down on fab work. i have yet to see a 95 or earlier 4runner with a one piece back door.
    personally i would like the use the early 4runner back door because the window size is smaller and would look much more proportionate on the truck.

another down fall to this is the real estate that this mod would take up. i want a sound system. not that i couldnt do a set up with the 4runner glass. i would just have to get more creative with a sub enclosure.

this being said. i shall wait patiently for the right rear hatch to pop up. im not abandoning this idea, im just putting on the back burner. in the mean time i will build a fiberglass box for 1 or 2 6.5" subs and work on my suspension.