Old school white walls

Discussion in 'Wheels/Tires' started by nottoshabi, Apr 12, 2016.

1. nottoshabi

nottoshabi Enthusiast

I'm looking into getting rims and tires as the ones I have on there right now do not match each other. I'm currently sitting on 195/70/r14. I would will like go to a 15" rim as tires are easier to find. I'm looking at 15x5 or wider if possible and 2-3" white walls tires something around 205 + /70/r15. The dimension on this tire is h 27" and w 8.30" which I don't think that will fit. The truck is stock height right now but I do plan on lowering it after I get rims and tires. Is 8.30" to wide?

Do you guys think this will that fit? Would I be able to turn the front wheel all the way? This truck already has a bad turning radius I don't want to make it any worse.

2. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Thats a big ass tire. I think theres a 195/60/15 whitewall out there. Not sure how small of a tire youre wanting to run tho

3. nottoshabi

nottoshabi Enthusiast

Jetas i'm going for this look. slammedyoda85
    This guy is no longer around other wise I would ask what kind of tires he has, as those are stock rims. I'm not concerned with the height of the tire as much of the thickness. I would just lower the truck on top of it.

[​IMG]

4. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Only reason i mention tire height is because youre only going to be able to stuff so much tire in the wheel well

5. nottoshabi

nottoshabi Enthusiast

I'm looking at this chart and I think I'm going to pick the 165r15 that has the diameter of 25.25", right now I have 23.75" over all diameter of the wheel. My biggest concern is the section width @ 6.50" I don't know if this will rub against the frame as I turn the wheel. What do you guys think?