Oil on PCV valve after first startup?

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by HattedToast, Mar 8, 2020.

1. HattedToast

HattedToast Member

Truck:
    1980 SR5
    I would first like to thank everybody who has helped me so far with my truck on the forum. I just had the first start on the brand new engine yesterday after 7 months, but no project goes without another problem or concern to follow right after fixing another haha.

I was running it through the first 20 minute break in period, and about halfway through I pulled the oil cap off just to check it. Oil was spitting out of it, so I just put the cap back on and finished the break in. I contacted the machine shop after and they assured me it was fine, and it shows a healthy valve train. I also verified it by looking around on other forums of the same situation and others say the same thing. So I was relieved about that.

Earlier today, I removed the hose to look at the PCV valve and noticed that it has, what I believe, is oil on the top of it. Is this something to be concerned with? Does this just mean I have high crank case pressure, and can I fix it? The oil level was still at full after the break in.

Attached Files:

2. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Its normal. Just keep on truckin. Wait to worry when you have no oil lol

HattedToast likes this.
  3. HattedToast

HattedToast Member

Truck:
    1980 SR5
    As always thank you jetas. Calms my nerves down about it haha.

4. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Trust me, i pulled the oil cap with the engine running once and il never do it again

HattedToast likes this.