OEM replacement parts ?

Discussion in 'Maintenance/Repair' started by Wile E. Toyote, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Wile E. Toyote

Wile E. Toyote Newbie

Truck:
    1995 Shortbox Pickup
    What are some good online sources for OEM parts for Toyota pickups ? I need to update the front end, ball joints, tie rod ends, idler arm, etc. I want to start updating all the parts but since this is my very first Toyota, and i just got it May 24th, i am still trying to find places to buy from...besides Amazon.
    I would like to stick with OEM parts, i am also looking for good sources of custom parts...interior and exterior mini truck stuff.

I am also looking for a site that lists wheel charts, like what cars use the 5x114.3 / 5x4.5 wheels that will interchange, i found one years ago but for the life of me i cannot find it anywhere now. :shrug:

I want to find as many online options as i can, so please, if you have some good links, throw em at me. I would really appreciate it !

Thanks !

jetas likes this.
  2. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    For those particular steering and IFS parts I would personally go with OEM instead of Toyota branded. Something like Sankei "555" is an OEM brand and is just as good if not better than Toyota in some ways. For example my Toyota ball joints are sealed with no option for grease fitting to service them. The 555 ones do...and cost like 1/3 the price.

I always seek mine out in Beck Arnley parts. Last time I got mine on Amazon.

For actual Toyota branded parts I go through a guy I met through iH8Mud forums, who works at a parts counter and gives discounts to forum members. With shipping its cheaper than any of my local Toyota dealers. His username is Beno. There are many other sources online with similar pricing. I still price shop my parts regardless.

I don't have a link to the sites with wheel sizes but they exist. I found one once with like every auto brand and model, with the wheel size and offset and also the hub bore sizing which can become important.

Wile E. Toyote likes this.
  3. Wile E. Toyote

Wile E. Toyote Newbie

Truck:
    1995 Shortbox Pickup
    Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Sounds like the same site i found for the wheel sizes, i will have to keep looking i guess...no idea why i didn't book mark it.

4. Mattyp902wd

Mattyp902wd Newbie

Truck:
    90 xcab
  5. Wile E. Toyote

Wile E. Toyote Newbie

Truck:
    1995 Shortbox Pickup
    Mattyp902wd likes this.