My electrical problem & rear glass

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by TRUCK ACTION, Aug 30, 2012.

1. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    Well after way to long of time I & my neighbor found what the electrical problem with my power windows is!! A bad connection behind the main fuse box in the cab. Will remove it today & repair as needed!!!

And I also found the replacement one piece glass for the rear, mine has welding damage. This was a big surprise for me , has have been looking for a long time!!! The extra cab glass is near impossible to find!!!:cool:

2. kingtacoma951

kingtacoma951 Addict

Truck:
    88 SR5 Xtra Cab
    I also have power windows on my 88 but the passenger side is very slow any tips?....what was wrong with urs?

3. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    I had mine in for 6 years & had added the CB's to my main fuse holder in the cab.Has using all stock Toyota window stuff off a 4 Runner. I had used scotch splices into the main power feed behind the fuse box, they weren't making a good connection so would drop power to the Door Control relay! Power from there to the master switch & passenger switch.
    I removed them & cut the wire & added spade connectors for a sold feed. All connections are soldered & shrink wrapped. Working good again!
    These window motors don't fail often. You can open them & clean & repack with a good grease for better working ,I have not done this as of yet!
    Use a 12 volt source & run power straight to the motors with the door panels off too check the motors for smooth working,if not check the regulators for causing drag, you can bend as needed, if good ,check the panels for contact @ the glass. Also check that the grounds are good!
    You can find new motors if needed,around $60 ea.:cool: