Lowering advice 90 P/U Longbed

Discussion in '1989-1995 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by Broot, Feb 2, 2022.

1. Broot

Broot Newbie

Hello, getting ready to do another drop on my truck, currently has 2” drop spindles and cranked torsion bars with 4” blocks in the rear.
    Going on the truck next week I have DJM 2” LCAs, Bolt in notch kit (which I’ll weld in aswell), beltech 3” drop leafs, and beltech street performance shocks.
    Looking for a little advice on any issues I may run into, I’ve been told I need to notch a few cross members and the bottom of the cab but from what I’ve been told that’s on shot bed trucks and haven’t seen much about long bed, is there is any major differences, since the rear wheels sit back about an additional foot?

Erwin Merida likes this.
  2. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Just keep an eye on the driveshaft and if its going to hit the xmember right behind the cab if it has it there. Also the LSPV might need to be moved/adjusted

3. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    LEXXXI - angry '93 ShortBed
    If you can, post before and after pics! I'm looking to use the same exact parts you have in mind! I think(in theory) it's the perfect drop specs for our trucks without changing any geometry in suspension.

444SP kit + djm drop lca kit + 3" drop spindles + sumo springs