looking for some advice on relocating my clutch master

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by mutinytattoo, Dec 25, 2010.

1. mutinytattoo

mutinytattoo Member

Truck:
    91 toyota pickup bagged on 20s
    im not sure if this is in the right area, but im trying to figure out a few different ways to relocate my clutch master cylinder,, i got a 91 toyota with bags and 20s, i cant drop the front drivers side down all the way cause my tire hits the clutch master,,,ive seen one guy on here that moved his up a couple inches and a good bit of fabricating, im wondering if anyone has any other ideas or know any other options on getting it to clear? thanks any help will be appreciated, dave

2. dillinja666

dillinja666 Toyotaholic

Truck:
    I gots no truck, for now
    To make mine lay on 20's with a bodydrop we had to cut the firewall and recess the clutch slave in to clear the tire. Again some metal fab required but not all that difficult

3. Dogfather

Dogfather Veteran

Truck:
    1976 Toyota hilux & 77 Toyota Pickup
    I have not got that Far Yet but I read one where the guy made a Bracket out of the pedal assembly to mount it under the dash on the clutch pedal. Let me see if I can Find a Link for ya..

[​IMG]

Here is a Link to the street source write up
    it's on Page 2 Street Source

I send Dude an email and asked him about it he said there was now write up he just figured it out.
    It moved the Reservoir under the dash..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hope this helps

When I get that far I'll post up details

Oh Hey I found these 2 pictures in My Reasearch folder they are from Twisted minis, I went back looking for them and could not locate them real quick like so Have fun...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 25, 2010
  4. yota4life

yota4life Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1991 xcab 2wd 4cyl
    I think recessing it wud be easier an less hassle if you need to put fluid in it. If you recess it you could build like a "cube" just without one side then cut out the firewall slide the "cube" in then tack it up or like a cylinder shape

5. mutinytattoo

mutinytattoo Member

Truck:
    thanks guys for the responses,, i think the recess will be easier, i have a bracket mounted in front of my brake booster that had an aftermarket compressor on it, i took that off and left the bracket, so i had a buddy say "why cant you move the master to the bracket and bend and weld a rod with gusset supports from the pedal to the master and obviously make a brace to keep it from flexing up or down?" i have some very strong rod and i have been maybe thinking about doing it this way??.... thoughts?? i guess i could always mock it up and if it isnt going to work i can go the other route, idk,,,,

6. dillinja666

dillinja666 Toyotaholic

Truck:
    I gots no truck, for now
    moving the clutch over isnt as simple as just addind some linkage, that pedal makes a lot of leverage and it would really suck to have something break when you are out in the middle of no-where.

The recessed mount is the easiest method, it doesnt look as good as the flipped reservoir but its much more reliable since it keeps all the stock angles and parts just moved in a couple inches.

7. mutinytattoo

mutinytattoo Member

Truck:
    what do i have to mod on the inside to make the recessed setup work?? how simlpe is it?

8. riceratyota

riceratyota Veteran

Truck:
    which one 77/78/79/81[r.i.p]82 sbrc driftbox, and a CeliLux/current daily= 79 sbrc [lil' blue]
    i say put floor pedals like on a 40 ford sticking up through the floor would look sick! with a trap door to fill fluid res.

9. NashMan

NashMan Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 2wd
    i scene poeple convert to cable

have yet to see it on toyota truck thou

10. 93_Toy_Mini

93_Toy_Mini Addict

Truck:
    93 Reg Cab Pickup
    Has anyone ever tried moving it up and over to to the passenger side a bit? Seems to be about an inch, inch and a half of room or so. I have also thought about reassessing mine into to the firewall and mod'ing the pedal. I don't want to do any major work to it since I will be swapping a 1UZ in it and I think I am going to to leave the automatic in it.