just replaced 22r in my truck now it wont start up and run

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by marco1104, Oct 8, 2011.

1. marco1104

marco1104 Newbie

Truck:
    85 2x4 long bed pickup
    k so bought my truck drove it for a week found out that the timing guides never got replaced. So sat down replaced timing cover, timing chain and steel guides. then decided to take my first road trip in the truck got about half way and noticed engine knock realized i am almost to my grand parents house so made that poor little engine push itself about another 10miles to get there then it ceased so i pulled the motor to see if anything was salvagable the head looked fine so i reused that a close inspection of the block to see the hole in the block where a piston mashed its way through.... needless to say replaced block with another got it all in the car with a tune up and now i cant get it to run i have checked timing idk how many times and still dont got my truck back on the road i have spark at each plug and i am just trying to get it started with starting fluid in the carb and it wont go
    any who point is i am stuck and dunno what else to do:confused:

so...HELP ME!!

2. marco1104

marco1104 Newbie

Truck:
    85 2x4 long bed pickup
    also it turns over but wont start

3. 85Toyota

85Toyota Addict

Truck:
    '85 Toyota 22R s-cab
    Could be something as simple as a vacuum line ... Hope you get her runnin' ... Good luck ... :cool:

4. '80yota

'80yota Enthusiast

Truck:
    '80 Sr5 Long bed
    Mark...Scott here.

do a compression/cylinder leak down test.

There is a possibility you have leaking/bent valves. also, make sure you dont have any vacuum leaks. Fuel? getting it on the plugs after long cranking? Try starter fluid yet? Try pouring gas directly into the carb?

5. marco1104

marco1104 Newbie

Truck:
    85 2x4 long bed pickup
    I already tried using starter fluid straight in the carb I can feel compression just dunno how much though I will try to look into getting a compression tester to tell you exact amounts

6. marco1104

marco1104 Newbie

Truck:
    85 2x4 long bed pickup
    only 50 psi to the cylinders colapsed rings lol needed a lil time to get the hybrid started but its game on